E-filing EAD

After we mail in everything for AOS, what will happen? Will we get a notice saying they have recieved everything? If they don't send out notices, when will we know when it's safe to e-file for EAD?

I've heard that you can't file for EAD until the AOS application has been recieved. How long should we wait after mailing it in?

Thanks.

This process has changed so much in the last year I am not sure how helpful this will be but we filed AOS at our local service center. We submitted the AOS and EAD papers in the morning and came back in the afternoon to get her EAD. Logic would assume that as soon as the I-485 is recieved and uploaded into the computer you could e-file the EAD.

I filed both the EAD and AOS paper application to Chicago overnight little over one month ago. I received my NOAs' for both within 2 weeks of filing, so receiving the NOA should be relatively quick. By the way, I would send your AOS applcation to the overnight address on the application instead of the P.O. Box address in Chicago because you can get a signiture as proof of delivery.

I received the Biometrics appointment for both the EAD and AOS a couple weeks after that and my wife went for fingerprinting last week. Hopefully, we should be receiving the EAD within a couple weeks and the AOS this year.

Edited by john90 (see edit history)

Amber,

It should take around 2 weeks to receive the NOA, but some times it can take longer. I would wait for the NOA before e filing the EAD. Good luck.

Here is the info:

To receive a signiture as proof of delivery.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: FBASI

427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Effective December 1, 2004, if you live in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, as well as the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands of the United States,

you will need to mail your application to:

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Effective April 1, 2005, if you live in any of the following states Alaska, California, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas and Washington,

you will need to mail your application to:

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

LaSalle is just down the street from where I work. Does anyone know if I can hand deliver it?

John- on the floor on that address for getting a signature there is a ? in front of the number. Should it be the 23rd or 3rd floor?

Thanks!

167181[/snapback]

Amber ,

Its the 3rd floor. I am not sure if you can deliver it yourself. Also, you when your husband receives the sheet for the Biometrics appointment, try to get to the biometrics at least 30 minutes before what it actually states on the appointment letter. It seems to be first come first served basis for the fingerprinting. We arrived for the appointment 30 minutes before the actual appointment time and within 20 minutes there were 20 people waiting behind us for finger printing.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm

Address for couriers such as UPS or FEDEXOr, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Thanks John- I just looked on the USCIS website and the Homeland Security Office is literally across the street from where I work. I am going to go over there in a few minutes to ask about hand submitting applications and also to get the final answer on assembly of documents.

Thanks John- I just looked on the USCIS website and the Homeland Security Office is literally across the street from where I work. I am going to go over there in a few minutes to ask about hand submitting applications and also to get the final answer on assembly of documents.

167211[/snapback]

You're welcome. Good luck.

Just another point to consider regards efling the EAD.

I sent in paper applications for both the EAD and AOS, and I received the NOAs for both at almost the same time. My wife received the biometrics appointment sheets also almost at the same time, so I don't know if efiling the initial EAD application will make the approval go any faster.

In our case, we filed both EAD and AOS paperwork in same package and sent it to Chicago. My wifes biometrics appointment for EAD was 1 day after the biometrics appointment for her AOS. But we just brought both appointment sheets, and they fingerprinted her for both the EAD and AOS the same day.