Assembly

I have looked in all the office stores around my area and can't find the kind of binder that opens from the bottom, 2 hole punch at the top, and has tabs at the bottom. Can anyone give me a wesbite or tell me where you found such a creature?

I can only find something that has tabs on the side with partitions in the middle.

I want to mail this out tomorrow... help appreciated....

From what I hear, as soon as they get your documents, they take apart and sort as they want. Your binder is not used.

All they request if possible is that documents are hole punched at top (not sides) and held together with a metal 2 hole clip (can't remember what it is called - any office supply shop has them).

I used blank pages to separate my documents and placed tabs at the bottom of this page (they do not want on sides), with numbers corresponding to my Index. The tab numbers can be purchased at any office supply shop or Freddies.

Hmm... so you're saying I can make my own tabs. Hadn't thought of that, good idea.

Is there any specific order to the tabs?

Are the fasteners called ACCO fasteners? I'll look for some of those on my lunch.

Also, where do the 2 pictures go? I'm sure those shouldn't be hole punched. I was thinking of putting them in an envelope and punching that, as well as the money order.

Edited by awch (see edit history)

how about one of you more experienced individuals please post a photo example of the folders and what is best to put folders in. As you can see, I'm a bit slow. :unsure:

For example when I copy her certified in english Birth certificate, it has about 3-4 pages. Do i staple these copies together and put in a regular folder that has pockets? Or is it a folder with no pocket only place for punches at top?

Wow! I feel like i'm getting dumber by the day. Oh the stress!

Thanks Tony, but I didn't see a binder on that site that has bottom tabs. They also didn't have them at the Staples store I went to. They have folders with 2 hole fasteners at the top, with side tabs.

Does anyone know exactly what that kind of folder/binder would be called? The last time I bought one, for the K-1 petition, it was in China.

Here is basically what I've found, will it work?

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...ATURED:SC1:CG15

Edited by awch (see edit history)
carl what part of that link am i interested in?  The fasteners or the folders?

166900[/snapback]

The AACO fasteners but there are binders for them. Get the two hole punch as well. As a side note these fasteners are not a requirement. They are merely a request by the USCIS to make their job a little easier. It also lowers the chance of any of your documents getting lost when they take them apart to re-do them.

Amber, they prefer the top hole like a doctor's clipboard on the end of a bed but as I mentioned in the side note.... I wouldn't re-do them if you have them in the other fastners already.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I've gone to 2 Staples and an Office Max, as well as looked online, and I still can't find any kind of file I can use that has end tabs. Everything is on the side.

I feel like going back to China to the tiny store where I bought the last folder for submitting the K-1 petition. They had exactly what I need.

This is so frustrating!!