Re-Uniting with my SO

In a little over two weeks I will be again going to China to see My SO. I am really pumped up about it but I am also a little nervous I guess. I read some of the Posts that other people wrote when they saw their SOs after the long seperations that they both had to endure. They seemed to turn out okay for them.

It is kind of strange though that you both once again have to get to know each other again. I know the e-mails and the phone calls really help but it is nothing like the real thing. Face to face. Interacting with each other as Lao Gong and Tai Tai. I can relate to the post "Stranger in My Bed" but I too am a stranger to her once again.

My SO is very excited about me returning to see her, her family and friends. I really have missed her to. My 1st visit was one of the most enjoyable ones of my life.

So why would I be nervous or have stage fright?

I had and overcame a little bit of that fear and strangeness on my second visit after 4 months of separation. No problem whatsoever after the first 5 minutes. On my third visit, everything is smooth from the encounter at the airport. I even gave my laopo a big hug at the crowded airport. My taitai liked that, just like the hug I gave her on the first encounter over a year ago. The Chinese don't hug that much. My laopo later said that first hug clinched it for me, because I showed warmth and gave her the electricity of sincerity. Her words were "Emotioned by the action". Yeah, I am a man of action. Hehehe!

My SO is very excited about me returning to see her, her family and friends.

There you go!....A great confidence buider!

My 1st visit was one of the most enjoyable ones of my life.

And your second visit will be even more enjoyable than the first! Trust me on this!

So why would I be nervous or have stage fright?

David is right. Don't over think it...enjoy it!

Now go get'm tiger!........ :D

I won't get back over there until late March, so I can relate. It will be a little nerve wracking. I was really nervous the first time I met her in the flesh. I think I was nervous after seeing her from the moment I saw her to the entry into the taxi about 3 minutes later. Once we sat down and held hands, I knew all was well. I think that when I go the next time, it will be after that first hug. To her, nothing has changed. She feels the same as she did when we were in person. I assume she has the same expectations for me, hehe. I think about that next trip almost as often as I think about the time she comes here (almost, but not quite - hehe).

Relax and enjoy it. Home is where the heart is. If you are like me, your heart is with your SO, so you are just coming home :wacko: It could just be anticipation not nerves. I get the jitters every time I call my SO on the phone. I know I am going to get to talk to her and spend some time with her and it makes me excited. I'm calling her again on Tuesday night, and I am already excited about it. I get excited each morning when I check my email.

If you are too nervous to go, you can give your ticket to me. I'll go and visit my SO. (just kidding - hehe)

Merc

I've studied this phenomenon in great detail, I've interviewed a statistically significant sample, I've reseached on both the Google and Yahoo! seach engins and I can report to you that there is a 3.256% chance that after an absence of precisely the same duration as yours that there will be a significant relationship problem.

I think this is an acceptable risk and urge you to proceed with your trip.

Upon your return I'd appreciate it if you'd fill out a 56 page quentionnaire I will send to you.

Xie xie