NVC Process Check

Today I called NVC for the first time (1.603.334.0700).

I selected operator from the menu and within 2-3 minutes was speaking with Miss Kim. I gave her our WAC. Within a few seconds she said:

"We just receive your notice. It is in computer. We send to NVC. Only information now is number and names. You call back in two weeks please."

Sound normal? Wonder who we are really talking to since she said "We send to NVC."? Interesting aside ... it was very obvious that Miss Kim's first language was not English.

Next week I leave on a long international trip, guess I'll follow up in two weeks from "the road". With Skype should be no problem.

Jim:

Next time ask if a GUZ number has been assigned.

Probably either sent to GUZ or to the "washington" black hole. I hope for you sake that it's in a DHL shipment to GuangZhou.

You might try calling back and asking for as much detail that you can get.

Good luck

Phil

NVC Process Check, ... does this sound normal?

Define "normal" Jim.... :blink:

Out of all the agencies involved, the only one I can think of that was remotely of any help was the American Consulate, when L. Donahue was Chief of Consular Affairs in Guangzhou.

All the rest, USCIS, NVC, DOS, are all an excercise in futility. All one can do is wait. The best thing you'll get from any of them is an actual letter in the mail. Sad but true. :o

-good luck

Jim:

Next time ask if a GUZ number has been assigned.

Probably either sent to GUZ or to the "washington" black hole.  I hope for you sake that it's in a DHL shipment to GuangZhou.

You might try calling back and asking for as much detail that you can get.

Good luck

Phil

166175[/snapback]

Phil: Wow! I hope not a Washington black hole!!

Note from my timeline it went from the CSC to the NVC on October 19th, only 16 days have elapsed. I thought NVC does a database check, possibly on both names, and then sends to GZ, "normally" a 2-4 week process.

Do I have this wrong?

:blink:

Jim,

that was my belief too... unless the check was delayed in a hole... I'd do as Phil suggested, see if any GUZ # exits yet.

Many (including myself--but some has said they did not get this) have reported getting an NVC notice that approval has occurred and within 10 days it will be forwarded to consulate; then the letter comes from NVC with the GUZ number saying it was sent.

Jim,

that was my belief too... unless the check was delayed in a hole... I'd do as Phil suggested, see if any GUZ # exits yet.

Many (including myself--but some has said they did not get this) have reported getting an NVC notice that approval has occurred and within 10 days it will be forwarded to consulate; then the letter comes from NVC with the GUZ number saying it was sent.

166205[/snapback]

I've seen people report such a letter received from the NVC but I never received one. I figure it was some new approach they were taking.

Jim,

166205[/snapback]

I've seen people report such a letter received from the NVC but I never received one. I figure it was some new approach they were taking.

166210[/snapback]

The only consistent receipts I have taken mental note of are those having gone through VSC.. not sure why that would accept a letter being sent by NVC or not.. Hopefully it's more consistent than that at this point...

• 3 weeks later...

Lao Po and I are sooooooooooo happy!! Less than ten minutes ago I received the following:

Dear Sir,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US Consulate General for further processing on November 9, 2005.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the US Consulate General.

Regards,

National Visa Center

That's 21 days. We are moving at warp speed. I have everything crossed that is crossable!!!

Lao Po and I are sooooooooooo happy!!  Less than ten minutes ago I received the following:

Dear Sir,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US Consulate General for further processing on November 9, 2005.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the US Consulate General.

Regards,

National Visa Center

That's 21 days.  We are moving at warp speed.  I have everything crossed that is crossable!!!

170893[/snapback]

Good news! Congratulations !!