k1,k2 medical I-693(do they need it again?)

Hi all on 10-17-05 my so (K1) and her son (k2) recv notice from uscic
(calif serv center) request for more evidence- pertaining to I485 application, my so's letter stated that they req, evidence for bonafide relationship, as well as I-693 medical. so's son's letter stated req. for evidence for marraige cert, and I-693 med. also. we stop by our local dhs office to clarify, and was told that being k1/k2 they dont need to repeat the medical, just need vacinations( I-693 suppplemental ),(which we did back in jun-05) ,because their medical was done in GUZ prior to their interview and placed in the sealed envelope ,which we gave to customs upon entry to usa. anyway,, now i dont know what to do or believe!! has anyone who is k1/k2 had to go thru this before? I am willing to get the medical's done again if it will satisfy things! but not needlessly! please some help!!!!!!!!!! anyone!!!!!!!

feb-04 1st trip ,chengdu-engaged
apr-04 2nd trip ,chengdu ,filed I-129f vcs
may-14-04 1st noa,I-129f
jul-04 p3 recv, sentback same week
oct-04 3rd trip to chengdu, (to wait with so)
dec-04 p4 recv,
feb-2-05, interview,,passed!!
feb-3-05, pick up visa (and get the heck outa GUZ!)
mar-23-05, arrive home !! so and son
apr-14-05, married
apr-05 so gets SS card( in NJ its easy)
apr-25-05 filed I-485,I-765, (for so and son)
may-10-05 recpt notice of above
may-23-05 recv. yellow paper req for additional evid(box checked submitt supplement to I-693 vacinations) box not checked for I-693 medical.
jun-05 vacination complete sealed envelope sent to DHS lee's summit MO.
jun-05 biometrics done for so and son
jul-6-05 so and son recv work cards
sep-22-05 recv notice from DHS (calf. center) satting that their I-485 applications have been sent back from DOS to serv center for further review ????
oct-17-05, so and son, recv blue paper from DHS(calf center)
req for more evid as stated on the top of my post

Well, I am anyone, and don't know how much I can relate to you as I am K3/K4.

However, my advise is this: They want what they want. Your options from the NSC web site are as follows:

Requests for Evidence (RFEs):

When an application or petition is not immediately adjudicable, a request for additional evidence or other documentation is generated. The applicant/petitioner has 12 weeks to respond. During that time, s/he may:

* Submit all of the requested evidence,

* Submit some or none of the requested evidence and ask for a decision based upon the record, or

* Withdraw the application or petition.

If a correction is needed to the petition or application, a photocopy of the form will be included with the request for evidence. The correction can be made on the photocopy and then will be included in the formal USCIS file of your case.

NO extension of this twelve-week response time is possible. Please also note that NO interim benefits will be granted during the time waiting for additional evidence to be submitted. If a response is not received within the time limit, the case will be considered abandoned and denied; the denial may not be appealed. NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THE LETTER REQUESTING EVIDENCE BE RETURNED WITH THE EVIDENCE AND THAT THE SPECIAL MAILING ENVELOPE PROVIDED BE USED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL DUE TO ABANDONMENT. Evidence submitted without the letter and/or proper return mailing envelope will be difficult to match up with the pending case and may be treated as general correspondence.

As you can see from the above, you have no more than 12 weeks, and if I read your timeline right, 6 of those weeks are gone.

They want what they want, so give it to them before the clock runs out and you have and abandonment of the 485.

I was on a 3 week waiting list for our medical appointment with a Civil Surgeon as well, so you may have to factor that into your timeline.

Dean

you do NOT need to submit a medical exam as part of the AOS package.. but you do need the I-693 (Vaccination Supplement) filled out and signed by a civil surgeon (CS) in the US. If you have not taken this step, then you must do it.

It might be a challenge convincing the CS you don't need the physical since many insist on it. I would simply state you are not submitting a physical, only the I-693. You may have to call more than one before you find one that will just review your SOs shots and sign off...

Civil Surgeon Locator:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

Supplemental Form to I-693:

http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/DQ/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Recend thread of what I ran into:

Civil Surgeon Visit

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13665

Technically you are not supposed to have to have another exam if the one for interview is less than a year old. You could print out the info from their website and fight with them over it. Of course the USCIS being what it is always has the last say and it is rare but not completely unheard of for them to request another medical exam.