Funny thing is.  I check the status of my I-129F on the website at least twice a day.  So I'm sitting here on my computer (9:20pm) and I get an email.  It says "This case has been approved. On November 2, 2005, an approval notice was mailed."  WooooHooooo!

165699[/snapback]

Same thing happened to me with CSC a couple weeks ago... approval email at 10:45pm, out of the blue!! Quite a pleasant surprise, isn't it?!

Congrats, I know the feeling well!!

You get out of your USCIS 'easy chair' and now sit in the brief 'hard back seat' of NVC... This chair is without cushion since you are expected to only stay briefly. If you get stuck in name check, then the chair gets really uncomfortable.

Then it will go to GUZ... You'll get out of the NVC chair and be given a very soft and comfortable 'GUZ recliner' since your wait is expected to be some months. Unfortunately, even though the chair is soft, many report that it is very uncomfortable about 3 months and you are itching to get up and stretch and pace alot.

:lol:

I'm looking forward to the "GUZ Recliner". I do have a question for you David. Do I need to send all my orginal documents to my SO? My plan was to make 3 copies of everything and bring these with me to China when she has her interview. But in case my travel plans don't work out, I think maybe I should mail her the originals. But I also know I need some of the dates on the paperwork to be closer to the interview date. Financials and the avidavit of support I think. Sound right?

Yes, there are a few items you want dated close to the interview: Some come from you (ie: financials) and some she will get (ie: police report).

Get familiar with the FAQs:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

FAQ P3 breaks out the items you need to get vs what she gets... although do date them close to interview for most part.

FAQ P4 will give you info on medical exam and paying the fees...

FAQ Interview will have most of what you need to know to prepare for the interview. I'd recommend you start reading this soon, particularly the "Top 10" questions section. You'll also see the 'kitchen sink' list for what all to bring, if you want to bring everything possible for interview and overcome issues.

---

Your SO will really need very little for the interview itself, so stay simple . I settled on three folders (Financials, pictures, proof of communication) for my SO to keep it easy. Then two extra folders for 'the unexpected', which I did not expect she would need to pull out. In the end, they did not ask my SO for ANYTHING... but best to be prepared !

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

don't forget the cheetos....... congratulations, and good luck!!!