I-485 receipt notice

Hi all,

Here is a summary of our situation and a question.

My fiance (I-129) came here on a K-1 with her daughter on a K-2. We filed everything for both except a 765 for the daughter. For my now wife everything has been (through CA) approved and received including her 2 year green card. But for my daughter we have heard nothing. We made an appointment months ago to see the "helpful" people and were told to wait.

Now months later we still have heard nothing. We thought to get our daughter (she is now 18) a 765 work card. Sent the form with everything by post. They keep sending it back for a " I-485 receipt notice ". We have the paper titled "Adjustment of Status Receipt Letter" and the little cash register type reciept showing payment and her name etc.

This is the third time they have sent the packet back to me. Each time I have included a cover letter and each time the send it back with no description, just a form with an "X" by Missing items: Copy of a receipt notice for an I-485 filed at the California Service Center.

Are we missing something?

Louis, Mei and Pei

Sounds like they're looking for the NOA on the I-485 filed for the daughter. It's a typical Notice of Action/I-797C. It'll have your daughter's identifying information at the top, a receipt number, case type showing "I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status", notice type showing "Receipt Notice" and other miscellaneous information. The first paragraph will read:

"The above application has been received. Please notify us immediately if any of the above information is incorrect. If you find it necessary to contact this office in writing, you must include a copy of this receipt notice with your inquiry."

The NOA then provides information on scheduling fingerprinting and biometrics.

If you got something else from USCIS as proof of receipt, chances are that logic is failing our governmental brethern who seem to be saying: "If it ain't the I-797C Receipt Notice, it ain't for real no matter what your letter says." :rolleyes:

.....  If you got something else from USCIS as proof of receipt, chances are that logic is failing our governmental brethern who seem to be saying:  "If it ain't the I-797C Receipt Notice, it ain't for real no matter what your letter says." :blink:

165252[/snapback]

Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply but I am still confused.

They want a "Copy of a receipt notice for an I-485".

But you mentioned "...If it ain't the I-797C Receipt Notice..."

So is the receipt letter titled a 797 receipt notice? Oh, I think I understand what you are saying, now let me look throught the pounds of papers and see if she ever received one of those... let you know later and thanks!!

Louis

Ahh, thanks for the picture!

Our form did not look like that form but it has the same type of info. The strange thing is all three times I sent the EAD application in they returned it. Each time they want a "Copy of a receipt notice for an I-485".

Any ideas? Should I make an appointment and go argue with one of the people who don;t know anything?

Louis