GUZ Number

Not sure which visa type you are and how far along..

Generally, the petition goes from NVC to GUZ... I have to assume you done (or almost) with NVC since you have a GUZ number.

Following what occurs for a K1 fiancee:

It is sent to GUZ, could sit a while in customs, then entered in a computer, name checks done, P3 papers sent to your SO , then P4 papers, then an interview is scheduled...

You can get updates from calling:

DOS 1-202-663-1225, press 1, then 0 Give them your SO's name, Birth date and NOA2 number (or whatever they ask for).

From NVC to interview, you could be looking at 6-7 months (?)...

CR-1 I am not as up to speed on but I would assume it would be almost the same process. The petition comes to the DHL warehouse where it sits until the consulate is ready for it then they pick it up and enter it in the computer. They won't even acknowledge they have it until then. You can keep calling DOS who can tell you when it was entered into the system but they won't be able to tell you anything until then either.

If you know the date your file was shipped you can guestemate where your file is through the DHL web site. But there is no web site for DOS or the Guangzhou Consulate that will give you case status information such as the USCIS site does.

Use the phone number David gave you, it is much more fun to talk to an actual person anyway. :blink:

How I check the processing in terms of GUZ nmber?

164795[/snapback]

I contacted DOS they stated they received my electronic transfer of my CR-1, my second name check is complete which as David mentioned in one of my previous posts was triggered by my K-3/P-3 which I returned to the consulate. My visa will be a CR-1, which has replaced my K-3. I checked last Wednesday and they still couldn’t tell me my hard copy had arrived and entered into the computer even though I traced it to the DHL Warehouse facility then to the consulate.

I don't think you can base it on the submission of the I-864... there's other variables still at work since you are not done with NVC yet.

I recall that it is an average of 2 months to get done with NVC if all papers get passed back and forth timely enough... do you think you are on that schedule?

And I assume you still have the immigration fee to pay?

You can look at a few timelines for CR1 people... but I'd base it more on when your done with NVC. Then the next stop is GUZ... and maybe a month for entering in computer; a month for P3 and then 4 more months for an interview...