Chinese Culture Quiz

Hey All,

I was sent this link:

http://workabroad.monster.com/tools/chinaquiz/

and found it to be amusing. I went through and answered all the questions *BUT* when I clicked the "see your results" link, it gave me an error. Tried again tonight, I suspect it's a code error.

Anyone who knows Chinese culture well want to take a look and post the correct answers here? I am curious and hate doing a quiz where I can't get the results. :angry:

Thanks,

P.J.

My favorite response choice ...

"D. Shanghai has traditionally been China’s shipping center. In the past, when strangers greeted each other on the street with a smile, it was to indicate they had been kidnapped onto the crew of a nearby vessel. Smiling was actually a nonverbal call for help."

:P ;) :angry: :angry: ;)

My favorite response choice ...

"D. Shanghai has traditionally been China’s shipping center. In the past, when strangers greeted each other on the street with a smile, it was to indicate they had been kidnapped onto the crew of a nearby vessel. Smiling was actually a nonverbal call for help."

:P  ;)  :angry:  :angry:  ;)

Was that your answer? or you just like that choice?

LaoMao,

Actually, I was joking ... I thought it was absolutely hilarious. It wasn't my choice, don't worry. ;) :angry: :angry: Just thinking about the concept of using a smile as a "non-verbal call for help" was funny. I could imagine this incident in such a society ...

Foreigner: "Wow that guy sure seems happy".

Local person thinking: "A shark is biting my leg off and I'm smiling because I need HELP. Why doesn't that idiot help me?! "

P.J.

LaoMao,

Actually, I was joking ... I thought it was absolutely hilarious.  It wasn't my choice, don't worry. :P  ;)  :angry:  Just thinking about the concept of using a smile as a "non-verbal call for help" was funny.  I could imagine this incident in such a society ...

Foreigner: "Wow that guy sure seems happy".

Local person thinking: "A shark is biting my leg off and I'm smiling because I need HELP.  Why doesn't that idiot help me?! "

P.J.

Yes, It's funny. I guessed that what you mean. ;) :angry: