That seems to be the trend these days. There's been several to post here saying they (the petitioner) has received P3. And some say the beneficiary received P3 as well as the petitioner for K3. It was exclusively the beneficiary to receive P3 from GZ when we went through it.

Check with your spouse and see if they received the package also.

That's about all I know about it. Maybe someone who has been through it already will chime in with some words of experience.

-good luck

Maybe some of the sea lawyers in here should read the National Visa Centers web page. On CR1, not k3.

I reread again a couple more times. I read the part "all other letters" or however they reffer to it. I was about to incline to do what others are suggesting. I believe I will reread a few more times for myself. You know, one or two words in a sentence can make a difference in the meaning.

If you make yourself the agent, you receive her p3. Then again, does it matter, as long as you receive everything else?

What I posted in this thread earlier stands.

There has been reports of the petitioner receiving P3 for K3 in the past. NOT P3 for IV.

That is a horse of a different color! And it depends on what the I-130 petitioner puts down as the agent on the DS-3032.

164604[/snapback]

I agree with your earlier post TY... just trying to figure out if any common denominator possibly exists.

---

The beneficiary should probably contact the consulate in email and confirm the proper address... want the P4 to get to the right place.

From what I read here, K3 packet 3 should go to the beneficial, correct?  Why have GZ sent me packet 3?  Care to explain? thanks

164579[/snapback]

Has your wife recieved her P-3 for the K-3 Visa?

You seem to have both going real close together. It is important that she returns the OF-169 and the DS-230 from the P-3 for the K-3 ASAP to get in the queue for an interview. Even if the CR-1 arrives in time they will use the apointment date you receive for the K-3 and she could still get the CR-1 visa.

Guangzhou has made the mistake in the past of sending the K-3 P-3 to the petioner. So if your wife has not recieved one she can download the forms fill them out and send them in.

From what I read here, K3 packet 3 should go to the beneficial, correct?  Why have GZ sent me packet 3?  Care to explain? thanks

164579[/snapback]

Has your wife recieved her P-3 for the K-3 Visa?

You seem to have both going real close together. It is important that she returns the OF-169 and the DS-230 from the P-3 for the K-3 ASAP to get in the queue for an interview. Even if the CR-1 arrives in time they will use the apointment date you receive for the K-3 and she could still get the CR-1 visa.

Guangzhou has made the mistake in the past of sending the K-3 P-3 to the petioner. So if your wife has not recieved one she can download the forms fill them out and send them in.

164638[/snapback]

As far as I know, she did not received the K3 P-3. The GZ cover letter has a Sept. 27, 2005 Date, but I did not received the P3 til 10/29/2005.

Yes, I do have both the CR1 and K3 going really close, CR1 is still at gateway(whatever this mean, I don’t know). Thanks Gene, that is what I want to do, send both the DS-230 and OF-169 to GZ

Also he K-3 P-3 should contain all of the other forms, medical, DS-156, DS-157 in english and chinese, she will need for the interview. The P-4 will only have the invitation for the interview, which she will need to get in the door.

Also he K-3 P-3 should contain all of the other forms, medical, DS-156, DS-157 in english and chinese, she will need for the interview. The P-4 will only have the invitation for the interview, which she will need to get in the door.

164666[/snapback]

Yes, I have all of this forms that you listed here. I will bring to my wife when I'm going back to china in december.

Edited by ckhang (see edit history)

I applied for the K1 and they sent the P3 to my lawyer in which she didn't understand why they did that. She specializes in immigration law and handles these cases daily including representing clients in court who have difficulties. In any case I had to send that to my SO in China. That cost us about a month delay before processing (Two weeks to reach my lawyer and then passing it to me. Then for me to send it to my SO for her to sign).

Are you using a lawyer or someone else who may have filed a G-28? The reason I ask this is that, while the the FAM (Foreign Affairs Manual) says the packet 3 for K visas should be sent to the applicant, I have seen/heard of several instances where the consulate sent the packet 3 to the person identified in the G-28 (Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative).

I had a similar problem with Jingwen's P3. She didn't receive it. After numerous e-mails with GZ, they sent her another set. The first set never arrived, but about a month later, the lawyer who had reviewed and filed the I-129F got the P3.;) Why it went to her is beyond me, but I just assumed it was a mistake.

Our case was K-1 and not K-3.

Are you using a lawyer or someone else who may have filed a G-28?  The reason I ask this is that, while the the FAM (Foreign Affairs Manual) says the packet 3 for K visas should be sent to the applicant, I have seen/heard of several instances where the consulate sent the packet 3 to the person identified in the G-28 (Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative).

I had a similar problem with Jingwen's P3.  She didn't receive it.  After numerous e-mails with GZ, they sent her another set.  The first set never arrived, but about a month later, the lawyer who had reviewed and filed the I-129F got the P3.:banned: Why it went to her is beyond me, but I just assumed it was a mistake.

Our case was K-1 and not K-3.

164785[/snapback]

I did use a lawyer to do the cases. The K3 packet 3 came directly from GZ Consulate and not my lawyer.