I485 request for more evidence

Hello all ye!

we rec'vd a letter from dos, requesting evidence to prove a bonafide

relationship between myself and my so, they want pics, deed, utility bills

life ins. , etc, i will also send letters from friends and neighbors, stating our rela. is sincere, plus all of the above stuff.

just have a few q's, ? can i submit digital photos printed on my home pc,? (high quality pics), can the letters from friends letters be hand written? when do i submitt I-130 application?

every one here has been outstanding, and thanks for all your support to date!!!

mike & Xia

jan 2004 first trip to chengdu-- got engaged

april-june 04 2nd trip, chengdu

mar-10/04, filed I-129f k1/k2

apr-8/04, 1st noa-- i129f

jul/04 , 2nd noa, case sent to guz.

oct/04 p3 recv

oct/04 -3rd trip to chengdu (for a long hall this time !)

dec 30/o4 p4 recv

feb2 /05 interview in guz

feb3/05 visa recv k1/k2

mar 23/05 came home !!at last!!

apr/05 filed I-485,765

may/05 1st I-797 for 485/765, k1/k2

may /05 Xia gets ss card

jul/05 work cards recv

aug /05 Xia gets Drive lic,

sept /05 recv I-797 case sent back from dos to uscis for further review?

(i485's in question)

oct /05 uscis request evidence for relationship

I'm a bit confused here. You are seeking to Adjust Status on a K-1 visa based on a marriage within 90 days of entering the US from what I can see. I didn't see a mention of a marriage in your post, probably an oversight.

On the I-485 the Evidence of Eligibility is supposed to be the NOA-2, I-94 and marriage Certificate. What you are describing sounds much like the removal of conditional status that would come much later. Someone at DOS sounds very confused. This might be exactly what they want, but it sounds a bit strange. You might want to make an Infopass appointment and ask for clarification of this request.

I do not believe an I-130 is involved at any place in the K-1 visa process.

For digital pictures you would want to take them to Kinkos, Walmart or some other photo printing machine where it would print the photo's date on them.

Letters from others can be in whatever format they would like, hand written or typed. It's their signature and address that are important.

Stranger and stranger stuff coming from USCIS... :rolleyes:

A K-1 does not need to file a I-130.

The I-485 is processed by USCIS and never goes to DOS.

All of the requested items are usually brought to the Adjustment of Status interview............... :rolleyes:

Are you sure you Didn't get a letter from The Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?

And the list of required items is for the interview?

something is really out of whack here.... you certainly don't need to file an I-130.....

It seems you are seeking a AOS, and they are requesting additional evidence... provide what they are asking along with supporting documents, the pics should be fine no matter where you print them. If they have date stamps all the better. Don't worry how the letters from your friends are written as long as they are legible.

Good luck...

A few questions. First, did you get married before you filed the I-485? I'm assuming so since one of the required documents to submit is a copy of the marriage certificate. Second, is this correspondence from DOS or USCIS? Since the I-485 is filed with USCIS, I assume you meant the RFE came from USCIS and not DOS. Third, any more details on what happened on September 5, 2005? Your timeline says you got an NOA informing you that the case was sent back by DOS to USCIS for further review. Fourth, I assume the letter from DOS(?) USCIS(?) is not tied to a scheduled interview for AOS. Are they asking you to bring the information or mail the information?

If I had to guess, I'd say that DOS felt something was amiss and referred the matter to USCIS after the K-1/K-2 visas were actually issued. I would certianly provide the information requested. What is being asked for is generally the same information that you would produce at the AOS interview.

If you want to be really optimistic, maybe the information is being asked for now so your SO won't actually have to go to the AOS interview, but I wouldn't hold my breath.