my fiance says we need to notarize the I-134. The notary will not notarize it because there is no space for the notary. Also, my fiance says we need a bank signature on the I-134. I have the bank statement on a separate page.. from the bank.. she says: that will not work. Does the I-134 need a notary stamp? Am I missing a page for the Bank signature? HELP!!!! we only have 2 weeks to interview.

Yes, there is a place for the Notary at the bottom of the last page where the petitioner signs it in front of the Notary.

Sounds like you need a new Notary B)

There is no place for the bank to do anything on the I-134

I hope you didn't send a signed I-134 to your SO to have notarized in China??

The US Consulate in GZ instructions state that the TAX RETURN be notarized as well as the I-134.

You need to locate another notary and explain this is a requirement of the US Consulate for Immigration. You can mention that it appears they do this becuase they are trying to identify that the documents originated in the US and were not created in China.

I did this at my local bank and there was no question after the explanation. The notary did state that the stamp without a statement on the tax form proved absolutely nothing other than their stamp had touched the paper.

IF your income is more than 125% of the poverty guidelines and you have your tax return, W2 and Letter of employment, there is no need for a statement from your bank. This is only needed if you can not meet the minimum requirements.

The US Consulate in GZ instructions state that the TAX RETURN be notarized as well as the I-134.

163393[/snapback]

Where is this references ?

The I-134 instructions say "copy"... and this is the advice that is usually stated here...

and if you don't have the tax return, you can submit electronic copies... I don't think you can notary an electronic copy, you would need to certify it as a true copy instead (?).

163393[/snapback]

Where is this references ?

The I-134 instructions say "copy"... and this is the advice that is usually stated here...

and if you don't have the tax return, you can submit electronic copies... I don't think you can notary an electronic copy, you would need to certify it as a true copy instead (?).

163424[/snapback]

David, it's buried in the OF-167:

...To substantiate the information rearding income and resources, the sponsor should attach two or more of the following items to the addidavit:

1. Notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return...

What I did was to create my own certification:

I hereby certify that the attached copy of the U.S. Individual Income Tax Return for the calendar year 200_ is a true and correct copy of the original return filed with the Internal Revenue Service.

Signed this ____ day of _________, 200_.

________________________ (signature line).

I then had my signature notarized.

I know the instructions are a little misleading (documents are certified, not notarized while signatures are notarized, not certified) and some people have blown it off without consequence. Maybe GZ doesn't really care. :lol: