copying methods

Hello all. I hope this isn't one of those stupid questions. lol

I read on here somewhere that we should make at least 3 copies of everything and to use plastic see through folders which will be put in a large plastic type of bag. When copying airline tickets and stubs, can I just lay them out and copy as many as will go on one piece of copy paper? Also where would be the best place to buy these special plastic folders? And what type of large plastic so called bag would all these folders go into?

I also would like to say it's frustrating seeing how some countries seem to be approved in just a few months. And others such as China, sit forever. I just started the process so please understand I'm not complaining. At least not yet. haha. I just want to be touched. :huh:

The copy objective here is two fold.

1. Make copies of all of your forms in case our govt loses them somewhere. You will often need the same info on those forms later in the process and it looks good to provide the same answer to the same question when asked twice!!!

2. Make copies of your travels (plane/train tickets, hotel receipts, tourist type receipts and everything else that will help to establish the time you have spent with your SO. Her VO may want to see some picture of the two of you. We had a few pages of pictures in clear notebook folders (like sheet protectors) so the VO could see a page of 4 or 6 photos instead of just handing him a pile of pictures.

Hope this helps!

They don't have to be in plastic floders, that came up at one point when they were giving people a hard time bringing bags that could not be seen through at the security check points. I haven't heard much about that as of late, we used regular folders and paper bags with handles for the 20 pounds of stuff without any problems.

Also we had all of the originals handy in case they were needed for overcome documents, in case of a blue slip

We prepared a three folder approach:

(1) photos taped to sheet of paper with date above each picture. About 12 pictures, four from each of three trips.

(2) Financials all in one folder. If anything was asked, she was to give the entire folder so she did not pull out the wrong item. I saw another member (whose interview is later) had a folder the same way but with tabs at the bottom to show name of financial. I would do it over like this.

(3) Communication. A few emails, all phone logs, one IM chatting in a day.

Then we had two extra envelopes with lots of extras for odd request or for overcome evidence.

My SO had all these in plastic see through.. but this worked for her benefit as well.. I had her write on a piece of paper the contents of each folder, and this was the first page.. so to remind her of what was in each one.

Usually the comments about 3 copies has to do with the notarial translated documents: Police certificate; Martial certificate; birth certificate.

Thx again for all the help. I hope someday I'll have something to contribute to the board. But until that time I'll keep asking away. haha.

I mentioned the 3 copies because I want the orginals in a packet and then one set of copies for me, one for the SO, and one for the heck of it. David I like the picture taped to sheet of paper with notes attached. Thx