AOS Interview: Location is Odd??

Hi.

We have recieved a data for an interview for the AOS. This is great news, given how far behind Boston is.

However, there is a concern with it:

It was posted to a past address of ours, and is in a different state. Although it was posted more than 2 months after the no-information-line recieved our change of address (2 times, since we always tell them twice to make sure that they have it right).

We did tell an immigration officer we prefer to have forms sent to this address (since some family live there, it is safe for us as a back-up mailing address). It is also the address used on her Travel Document (which was recently used to re-enter the USA).

Is this a legal problem for us?

If we go far away to the interview on the date prescribed, can this seriously set us back? Or should we just go with the flow?

I really would appreciate feedback from people who are knowledgeable about the law on this, or who have had the same exact situation occur to them, or something almost exactly the same.

Thanks for your help!

I have no official knowledge or experience in this area, but I would say that if they gave you an interview place and time, go to it! You can tell them in person that you have a new address.

I also tried to change my address twice in the P1 to P2 process. Both times they said my new address was in the system and they sent the P2 to my old address anyway!!!!! :)

Until the lawyers chime in, I'll give you my gut. Since AOS procedures vary from location to location, it is possible that if the actual resident address is known to the IO, he/she might want to kick the files. Think of this. What are you going to show as proof? Joint accounts? Will the statements have an address? Joint house ownership? Will the deed show the location? I-864 and supporting documents? What address will be shown? Anything else with an address?

I'm not saying the IO will automatically kick the files, but it seems to me that there may be some risk. Having said that, I'd probably go to the scheduled interview and take my chances, not wanting to delay the process any longer.