Second time around....Will it be more

As many of you know, I am "taking applicatons" for an Asian wife. :D

Although my main goal is to date and possibly marry someone who is already here in the US, I find myself once again being lured by many women in China.

What I wonder, before I go through the visa process again, will there by a greater scrutiny by the USCIS with me, after recently cancelling a prior application?

As many of you know, I am "taking applicatons" for an Asian wife.  :D

Although my main goal is to date and possibly marry someone who is already here in the US, I find myself once again being lured by many women in China. 

What I wonder, before I go through the visa process again, will there by a greater scrutiny by the USCIS with me, after recently cancelling a prior application?

160713[/snapback]

I do not think USCIS is going to scrutinize you more, because there has been "no harm" done to the United States as yet (she never came here) except wasting some time of the officials. But you should scrutinize your "candidates" more carefully. At least spend some time in China with her to know her before making the big commitment. I am sure you do not want to spend the rest of your life doing this painful visa process. You must have better things to do.

P.S.: be careful of those sweet words. It really takes time to know someone.

Dennis... certainly an candid and reasonable question...

One must keep in mind that ultimately, the VO must be 'satisfied with respect to the bona fides of the relationship', quoted from 9FAM...

The I-129F asks if you have every petitioned for someone previously and must supply that info...

As you are aware, any valid relationship should be able to stand the 'test' of the interview and any 'overcome' issues... Often even more must be endured due to third party issues.

In the case of subsequent attempts, the VO will have to judge if they feel that there is any 'serial' petitioning going on... which could result in a denial. But I tend to think that perserverance will overcome this.

Honestly, if it was me, I would proably feel the need for extra internal commitment; meaning, if it really didn't work out to get the visa I would be prepared to go to China to live together a while.. maybe get married and try again some years later..

Any action you take, we will want to support you in anyway we can here... best to you !!

I tend to agree that a prior petition should not, in and of itself, cause a problem. There are actually several people on this board for whom the first go around did not turn out as planned, and I believe one fiancee actually came to the US. As David suggests, you want to avoid the appearance of a "serial petitioner", but I would hope that two cracks at the bat does not a serial petitioner make.

pursue your dream... be certain of your relationship before you start the petition process, you shouldn't have a problem, but I suggest you keep all the past info handy, including the notice to GUZ to stop the process from this last attempt!! Best wishes for your future....

pursue your dream... be certain of your relationship before you start the petition process, you shouldn't have a problem, but I suggest you keep all the past info handy, including the notice to GUZ to stop the process from this last attempt!!  Best wishes for your future....

160738[/snapback]

Hank, my notice to GUZ was through their email system. So, I do not have a written notice of the cancellation on file.

BTW my reason for the cancellation was:

During the long wait of the visa approval process, my beneficiary and I have fallen out of love and we have mutually decided to terminate our relationship.

Hank, my notice to GUZ was through their email system.  So, I do not have a written notice of the cancellation on file. 

During the long wait of the visa approval process, my beneficiary and I have fallen out of love and we have mutually decided to terminate our relationship.

160750[/snapback]

Dennis,

I think I would follow up on that to make sure it got through to the right people and invoke some kind of response to its receipt :huh:

Hank, my notice to GUZ was through their email system.  So, I do not have a written notice of the cancellation on file. 

160750[/snapback]

Dennis,

I think I would follow up on that to make sure it got through to the right people and invoke some kind of response to its receipt :huh:

160753[/snapback]

Thanks Gene, I'll ask my attorney to take care of this for me.

By the way, GUZ says that I need to send a notarized letter telling them that I want to cancel the application.

162368[/snapback]

I would think that could work out to your benefit Dennis since you are going to try again. There will now be a record in Guangzhous files of you explaining what happen and why. So make it good, so there is no questions about your intentions.

Hopefully that will rule out any potential problems the next time you file :crazy:

Interesting... if a third party sends an email, a beneficiary gets a denial.. but they want a notarized letter from the petitioner...

Maybe they should request notarized letters from 'third party', with return address and cell number so they can be interrogated with their accusations...

162369[/snapback]

Yeah! Well said!