Visa for my wife and step child

Speaking of a minor child, my stepson is 15 , and my wife has full custody. Will we need any type of document from his father (Who, by the way is not involved in his life in any way).

159449[/snapback]

My wifes divorce documents stated that she had custody, this was sent in with the I-130 and the I-129. We also had her sons father write a letter and had it translated and notarized stating it was OK for him to immigrate to the US. This letter was never asked for, at the interview or when leaving the Country.

Obviously we did not need the letter, I think the divorce documents covered it, but I felt more comfortable that it was available if we needed it.

Speaking of a minor child, my stepson is 15 , and my wife has full custody. Will we need any type of document from his father (Who, by the way is not involved in his life in any way).

159449[/snapback]

If the divorce decree states that the mother has full custody of the child, I don't think you'll need anything else related to this although others have also provided a permission letter from the ex.. This question was recently asked here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13167