DOS/GUZ Waiting for CR-1/I-130 Hardcopy

I called DOS today. They said that GUZ has received my K3/ I-129 and the electronic copy of myCR-1/I-130 and they will base our visa off the I-130 so they will not proceed with the I-129 but wait until the hard copy of the CR-1 is entered in the computer?. My question is does this mean our visa process will be delayed? has anyone else dealt with this? thanks for any imput.

It is customary for the electronic version to get there first, and then the hard copy... so there is not a 'delay' in the I-130. Whether the I-129F was cancelled before it could be of any queue value is hard to determine, but maybe. As well, they often start the name check on just the electronic notification... so, all in all, your in good shape.

It is customary for the electronic version to get there first, and then the hard copy... so there is not a 'delay' in the I-130. Whether the I-129F was cancelled before it could be of any queue value is hard to determine, but maybe.    As well, they often start the name check on just the electronic notification... so, all in all, your in good shape.

158309[/snapback]

David,

I contacted the DOS Visa Information Section and talked with a wonderful lady who was very helpful and informative in regards to my case's I-129/I-130. She did mention that the second name check was started off the I-129/K-3 but basically it will be discarded and the visa will be based on the I-130/CR-1. The electronic transfer has been sent and received the hard copy of the CR-1 still has not arrived or has not been entered into the computer. As far as she could tell my case is moving right on scheduled and when I mention a possible interview for January/February, she said that would be reasonable if everything goes well. I am very impressed with the quality of service from the DOS which I had learned about through a prior post.