USCIS Investigation....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Wanted to pass on a little information as I've not seen it posted here before. For the old timers, I'm not saying it's not here, it's just that I've not seen it before.

You may launch an investigation with the USCIS after your petition is more than 30 days beyond normal processing time. I launched an investigation in 9/7/2005 and received a response on 9/12/2005 via email.

The response stated that my petition had been delayed and was undergoing required security checks. Further, the response stated that this would take up to six months.

Today I learned that the USCIS will launch an investigation if I call them sixty (60) days after the receipt of that letter. You must however call and start these investigations otherwise there will be no time stamp and you may lay in wait when you could be holding them accountable.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Good post! Nice to know that they can be held accountable to some extent, or at least they must give you some idea of why your petition is being delayed. Thanks

P.S. I asked my lao po what shq qua meant and she said something along the lines of silly melon head. It's now one of her favorite lines! I'm assuming there is another meaning, although this could be right for us as we refer to eachother as silly and coconut head quite often. :blink: