Just a quick question. I have looked at flights out of china for the 5th on elong.com and have found a pretty good deal. don't know where my so goes to get her flight info but she seems a little wary of elong.com.

just want to verify. she is hesitant i think because they want to see her visa before she books a flight at some other place so now she thinks she has to have her actual visa before booking. she should get the visa this saturday.

Guest DragonFlower

My wife just booked her flights with Elong on Oct 26 Beijing to LA.

They were very busy the day she called and had trouble getting them on the phone.I called on the 888 number and got right thru(you can buy from the states with a credit card).This outfit supposedly has 800 employees,so it is no small time operator.

The pricing is somewhat deceptive on the website.The 2900 rmb fare listed was not available so we payed 3200 PLUS 540 for taxes,but this taxes seperate is not uncommon for discounters(was the same when I used bt-store.com).It is probably not uncommon in China to ask for document numbers,if you are buying tickets over the phone,I think they are going to have a problem actually looking at them.My wife had to have my passport number when she bought tickets in advance for me,for travel inside China last year.

long

My wife just booked her flights with Elong on Oct 26 Beijing to LA.

They were very busy the day she called and had trouble getting them on the phone.I called on the 888 number and got right thru(you can buy from the states with a credit card).This outfit supposedly has 800 employees,so it is no small time operator.

The pricing is somewhat deceptive on the website.The 2900 rmb fare listed was not available so we payed 3200 PLUS 540 for taxes,but this taxes seperate is not uncommon for discounters(was the same when I used bt-store.com).It is probably not uncommon in China to ask for document numbers,if you are buying tickets over the phone,I think they are going to have a problem actually looking at them.My wife had to have my passport number when she bought tickets in advance for me,for travel inside China last year.

long

157843[/snapback]

Thanks for the info.