How to change address

Well, it seems every bit of correspondence from USCIS, DOS or whatever pertaining to our Visa app is lost or mis-routed by USPS. I recently moved, and it seems that all my mail was being forwarded correctly, but I just found out that a P4 was sent my way on August 29th, but I never recieved it. Thanks USPS...

Now, where do I go to do a change of address with the proper people relating to our case??

Thanks

Well, it seems every bit of correspondence from USCIS, DOS or whatever pertaining to our Visa app is lost or mis-routed by USPS. I recently moved, and it seems that all my mail was being forwarded correctly, but I just found out that a P4 was sent my way on August 29th, but I never recieved it. Thanks USPS...

Now, where do I go to do a change of address with the proper people relating to our case??

Thanks

157716[/snapback]

Some mail items will specify "Do Not Forward" - maybe P4's?

In the meantime, download the documents yourself and get that ball rolling! You will need the letter which specifies the interview date.

DOS has a form or website that you use to give them your new address.

Thanks

157716[/snapback]

If you just found out that the sent the P-4 on Aug/29 when is the interview? They are usually only scheduled out about 30 days or so :huh:

Did you miss it?

Thanks

157716[/snapback]

If you just found out that the sent the P-4 on Aug/29 when is the interview? They are usually only scheduled out about 30 days or so :huh:

Did you miss it?

157721[/snapback]

Fortunately we did not miss it. Oct. 31st...so, now we just need to prepare the P4 requirements. I went to the Post Office just now, they have no idea....anyway, I am very glad that we found this out a month ahead of time.

Just curious as to why you would want GZ to send the P4 to you and not your SO.  Am I missing something here?

157728[/snapback]

I am not very experienced or knowledgeable on the details of this process. I was told by DOS that a P4 packet was sent to each of us. I really don't need one, I know. But, I do need to make sure she gets hers.

Thanks

157716[/snapback]

Some mail items will specify "Do Not Forward" - maybe P4's?

In the meantime, download the documents yourself and get that ball rolling! You will need the letter which specifies the interview date.

DOS has a form or website that you use to give them your new address.

157717[/snapback]

Randy has a point there. Some government documents aren't forwarded to a new address.

Look at the USCIS and DOS website for change of address.

CIS change of address will be sent to your service center. I'm not sure about where the change is sent to DOS.

I was at same step in the process when I moved. USCIS is not interested in your new address at this time, you need to talk with NVC "customer service".

Call 1-800-375-5283 between 8am and 6 pm your local time, then push 1,4,5,4,1 and listen to the music until someone answers. Have GUZ number handy. It then takes about 45 seconds to have your address updated. Not sure if they can help you with the lost P4.

I was at same step in the process when I moved. USCIS is not interested in your new address at this time, you need to talk with NVC "customer service".

Call 1-800-375-5283 between 8am and 6 pm your local time, then push 1,4,5,4,1 and listen to the music until someone answers.?Have GUZ number handy.?It then takes about 45 seconds to have your address updated.?Not sure if they can help you with the lost P4.

157773[/snapback]

:o 1-800-375-5283 is the USCIS Help you Not Number :o

DOS has the File Now.....NVC was done with it when they sent it to Guangzhou.....USCIS will be involved again during AOS

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

Call 1-800-375-5283 between 8am and 6 pm your local time, then push 1,4,5,4,1 and listen to the music until someone answers.?Have GUZ number handy.?It then takes about 45 seconds to have your address updated.?Not sure if they can help you with the lost P4.

157773[/snapback]

:o 1-800-375-5283 is the USCIS Help you Not Number :huh:

DOS has the File Now.....NVC was done with it when they sent it to Guangzhou.....USCIS will be involved again during AOS

157778[/snapback]

:o :o Good catch Gene. evidently I do not understand my own notes. That was the number I called to learn they do not care, so ignore my previous post. I cannot tell if it was DOS or NVC that did update my address

B) Ed :blush:

Edited by ed and ying (see edit history)