What does it mean?

NVC emailed me and said my case CR1 has been completed and forwarded Guangzhou on 28th July,2005. Today I got an email from Guangzhou said" we received your case and clearance is pending, we will schedule you after it is finished". What does it mean? It means they dont enter my case into computer?

Thanks

When GZ actually acknowledges that it has someone's files, it usually means that the information has been entered into the computer. So, in your case, I'd guess that your files have been entered. "Pending clearance" usually means that the consulate is going through the last round of security/name checks. Once these are completed, they will put you in the queue to schedule you for your interview.

When GZ actually acknowledges that it has someone's files, it usually means that the information has been entered into the computer.  So, in your case, I'd guess that your files have been entered.  "Pending clearance" usually means that the consulate is going through the last round of security/name checks.  Once these are completed, they will put you in the queue to schedule you for your interview.

157627[/snapback]

:D Wow, Frank, so that means I am in the final stage right now? :P Hope my name check will be finished soon, but it seems in Guangzhou K1 speed up a lot, CR1 is still slow. Does it help speed up my case if I ask my husband to contact congressman? my husband applied for K3 in Dec last year. As my husband mailed k3 to CSC instead of Chicago, my k3 is still not approved. Do I still need to track my K3? or just leave it alone?

Thanks again Frank!!

When GZ actually acknowledges that it has someone's files, it usually means that the information has been entered into the computer.?So, in your case, I'd guess that your files have been entered.?"Pending clearance" usually means that the consulate is going through the last round of security/name checks.?Once these are completed, they will put you in the queue to schedule you for your interview.

157627[/snapback]

:D Wow, Frank, so that means I am in the final stage right now? :P Hope my name check will be finished soon, but it seems in Guangzhou K1 speed up a lot, CR1 is still slow. Does it help speed up my case if I ask my husband to contact congressman? my husband applied for K3 in Dec last year. As my husband mailed k3 to CSC instead of Chicago, my k3 is still not approved. Do I still need to track my K3? or just leave it alone?

Thanks again Frank!!

157634[/snapback]

I think you still need to wait a few more months before the interview. Immigration process, like fine wine, has to age to taste better. Has your husband received your passport?

When GZ actually acknowledges that it has someone's files, it usually means that the information has been entered into the computer.?So, in your case, I'd guess that your files have been entered.?"Pending clearance" usually means that the consulate is going through the last round of security/name checks.?Once these are completed, they will put you in the queue to schedule you for your interview.

157627[/snapback]

Thanks again Frank!!

157634[/snapback]

I think you still need to wait a few more months before the interview. Immigration process, like fine wine, has to age to taste better. Has your husband received your passport?

157636[/snapback]

i'm not sure about the K3 visa... but I got that letter you are talking about from Guz in April, my interview was scheduled in September. Guz will tell you it takes 6-7 months. That's about right, it took me aprox 6 months from when they acknowledged they had my files.

As my husband mailed k3 to CSC instead of Chicago, my k3 is still not approved. Do I still need to track my K3? or just leave it alone?

157634[/snapback]

tywy posted a very informative quote about the interplay between the CR-1 and the K-3: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=139225

If your K-3 hasn't been approved yet, there is a chance that it may be cancelled since the CR-1 files appear to be at the consulate. Even if the K-3 is not cancelled, I'd bet that the CR-1 would come up for an interview well before the K-3. I'd probably focus on the CR-1 at this point.

157627[/snapback]

:D Wow, Frank, so that means I am in the final stage right now? :D Hope my name check will be finished soon, but it seems in Guangzhou K1 speed up a lot, CR1 is still slow. Does it help speed up my case if I ask my husband to contact congressman? my husband applied for K3 in Dec last year. As my husband mailed k3 to CSC instead of Chicago, my k3 is still not approved. Do I still need to track my K3? or just leave it alone?

Thanks again Frank!!

157634[/snapback]

157636[/snapback]

Yes probably I have to wait a few more months. I have no choice :D My husband finally received my son's passport. EMS really made me piss off, and it does'nt give me refund as they promised if they delayed my package. They just blame it is not their fault, it is American customs fault and sugguest me asking refund from the US customs :)