Which is cheaper?

...so, we're K3 and our 2 year aniversary is on Feb 3rd, 2006. Which is cheaper? applying for the EAD or applying for the removal of conditional resident status on a 2 year green card?

We're thinking of just doing the AOS and if a 2 year green card is issued to just pay extra a few months later and get the 10 year version.

Advice welcome. We want to give uncle sam as little loot as possible.

Not to confuse you, but if you are not married for two years at the time of AOS her green card will be of the conditional two year variety. I don't think you can remove the conditions until 90 days before the expiration of the conditional card. So, if your wife gets a conditional green card, you'll have to wait one year and 9 months from issuance before you can remove the conditions.

But, once she gets her green card (2 year or 10 year), she doesn't need an EAD. The green card is enough.

I think the real question is how long it will take her to adjust status from K-3 to legal permanent resident.

If you have been married for 2 years at the time of the AOS interview your wife will receive a 10 year unconditional green card. Time lines vary from place to place. I see your interview is 9/27 and your aniversary is in February. Your aniversary is roughly 3 months after interview. You are probably safe in assuming your AOS interview won't be before your second aniversary.

We had the same problem. She wanted to work so we petitioned for the EAD, and received that. Then had the the AOS interview August 4th, too early for the 10 year card. But we forgot to take in the vaccination supplement and got a RFE that needs to be answered by November 4th, which puts us after our second anniversary :D