K-3: Evidence of relationship with I-129F

Hi all,

I am going through K-3 proceedings and my I-129F was approved and should arrive at the NVC any day now (hopefully). However, I have read some posts where people mentioned they included (some) evidence of their relationship with the I-129F packet. I didn't do this though (well, except copy of marriage certificate + translation of course) - I only included the stuff that was needed as per the instructions. Is this a problem later on when the case arrives in GUZ? If so, can this still be sent together with the P3 or P4 later on? Or should I just sit tight and rely on the VO asking for evidence during my wife's interview?

Thanks!

You must have sent some evidence of relationship or the I-129 would not have been approved. Did you send proof ie; pictures, plane tickets , copies of your passport?

You had to prove you had met within the last two years. :huh:

You must have sent some evidence of relationship or the I-129 would not have been approved. Did you send proof ie; pictures, plane tickets , copies of your passport?

You had to prove you had met within the last two years. :huh:

156192[/snapback]

Gene,

I think that applies for K-1 - I'm doing K-3.

No additional anything is needed except the MC and the I-797C approval notice of the I-130.

INS said over 4 years ago that a petition will be created for the K3 filing, in the meantime, use the I-129F.

4 years has passed and no new petition. I guess that's par for the course.

156202[/snapback]

Thanks tywy - that I knew - the instructions in the I-129F specific for K-3 do say that you may omit documents listed in section 5 (which is all the stuff Gene mentioned earlier). I was only wondering if it is beneficial to include evidence anyways at that point (or even later on with the P3 and P4), since the VO will look at the packet before the actual interview takes place (I would think).

And yeah, maybe USCIS will come out with a K-3 specific form sometime in the next century. Maybe... never.

Since you've already been approved by USCIS as having met the threshold requirements (marriage, an filed I-130, etc.), I wouldn't give it a second thought.  You'll have plenty of time between now and the interview to gather evidence to show a bona fide marriage.

156206[/snapback]

Cool deal. Thanks.

In some cases (like mine) a request for further info was requested. I just sent some photos, copies of airline tickets, and copies of my visa to China. The request was made before the case was transferred to GZ, see my timeline. I believe that if you do not recieve a request for further info, then you should just plan to have it for the interview.

Edited by eeyore (see edit history)
In some cases (like mine) a request for further info was requested. I just sent some photos, copies of airline tickets, and copies of my visa to China. The request was made before the case was transferred to GZ, see my timeline. I believe that if you do not recieve a request for further info, then you should just plan to have it for the interview.

156211[/snapback]

Hi Thomas, haven't seen you here for awhile. How's your visa case going?