WIFES Adjustment of Status Moved

I was poking around some other sites today looking for some more info about these I-485 transferrs to CSC. I came across this;

CSC takes care of some "interview-waivable" family-based adjustment cases

The center now takes care of a few "interview-waivable" family-based adjustment cases. As of now these include cases coming from NBC only. As no transfer notice will be sent these cases are not electronically transferred. CSC will work only on the I-130 and I-485s and not the I-765 or I-131 applications.

...and this was posted on visajourney...
I wanted to give you guys a little "booster"...

I just called the 800 number to change my address, and the guy actually asked me if I knew where my file was, and I told him CSC. So after I had all my changes made I asked him if he knew why all these cases were being transfered to CSC, and he told me that the info line received a memo about 2 months ago informing them that there were cases being transfered to CSC that were problem free and pretty easy to process. After poking a few more questions at him (like if my case would be transfered to Atlanta) he said that these types of cases would more than likely be approved without interview. Unfortunately when I asked him for a timeframe he couldn't tell me anything.

It's info we all pretty much already knew, but I still found it to be a nice little "booster" in faith that we should be approved without interview. biggrin.gif Now if only we could start getting some approvals! ...without having to wait like 2 years.

If this turns out to be true it is very good news. Not holding my breath yet, but it's the most optimistic news I've seen on the wave of transfers.

Got this e-mail this morning: I sure like what you guys said about trouble-free.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 1, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

• 3 weeks later...