Waiting too long for P4??

Update:

We were already sent the P4 packet...I have a new address, and for some reason the post office failed to forward it to my address, and unfortunately for some reason she has not recieved her P4 in China yet due to some unforseen reason. She is scheduled for her interview on October 31st.

Actually, I CAN be in GZ at that time, what is the benefit of the petitioner being around at the interview time?? If things go wrong, can I actually do something about it while I am there??

Thanks.

157715[/snapback]

I am a firm believer that if you can be there for the interview do so. Some of the reasons include.

Emotional support. Your SO will likely be very nervous and unsure of what is going on. Your being there will give her some much needed assurance.

Evidence. Nothing says I am commited to this relationship more than being willing to fly around the world to be with her for the interview. Send her in with your passport to show the VO and if possible sign in at the consulate before the interview so they know you are there.

Dealing with the unexpected. If there is a denial for some technicality it will be easier to deal with if you are there. Take more evidence than you need and make sure you have someone stateside you can call to fax you any documents you might need in a hurry.

Hell if nothing else it's a good excuse to go to China and that's never a bad thing.