More good news

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, our time lines so close, then maybe when one of us gets visa the other will be right after.  So good news for you is good news for me  :redblob:

Haven't you learned anything yet those past few months?? :rolleyes:

Doesn't mean anything unfortunately

You're right about the time line though

1st NOA: 11/06/01 us 11/19/01

2nd NOA: 12/17/01 us 2/20/02 oops...

P3: 04/05/02 us 5/5/02

P4: 07/14/02 us 7/15/02

Interview: 08/08/02 us 08/01/02

Last resubmit: 01/04/ us 01/27 oooops again..

i found out today that my husband's name was sent to guangzhou on

feb. 4!

i'm scared to be excited!

if you are in this new batch of people recently cleared,  be sure to post as soon as your wife/fiance/husband gets EMS!  i keep wondering how long it will take them to get it done, especially now that they say they are clearing so many cases.

good luck!

Ana,

Since your husband's name was sent to GZ, you still need to pressure GZ in logging his case and then issuing the visa. The battle is only half won but you are half way to the finish line. :rolleyes:

what do you mean 'logging'?  and what do you recommend in terms of pressure?  because i'm prepared to start the long fight.

logging meant... entering the stuff in the computer so they can print an ACTUAL visa :-)

As far as mailing an EMS it seems that the time frame has varied anywhere between the next day to 10 days... So I'm not sure what" pressure" can be put on those nice folks..

what do you mean 'logging'?  and what do you recommend in terms of pressure?  because i'm prepared to start the long fight.

Ana,

What I meant was that they are probably a bunch of clear cases sitting in a pile somewhere in GZ. Until GZ finds and logs your husband's case in computer, then it is still pending. Your next step is to talk to GZ. Good luck and hope a speedy visa.

i found out today that my husband's name was sent to guangzhou on

feb. 4!

i'm scared to be excited!

if you are in this new batch of people recently cleared,  be sure to post as soon as your wife/fiance/husband gets EMS!  i keep wondering how long it will take them to get it done, especially now that they say they are clearing so many cases.

good luck!

Congrats! Ana

but what do you mean by " this new batch", did DOS said that? :D

"this kind of info is not available over the DOS public inquiry line. if you call that number, they will tell you that it is still pending. this information is supposedly 'too new.' you have to call the DOS/CA office.

so if you called the info line and heard just pending, your case may already be in guangzhou. "

ana's right. the help line still doesn't have the info yet. i was getting really concerned about it this morning - when i realized GZ has really only been back to work for ONE day. if it's anything like when we return from x-mas or new years holiday in the US, i'm betting very little got done.

if the helpline info doesn't start turning for the better by weds or thurs, then we have a problem (again), and it will be time to get back on the horse.