What points are critical of the petition?

Demonstrating the relationship ...

Evidence from a variety of source would be good. In my case we have:

- E-mails ... but not tooo many

- Trips to China ... boarding passes and passport stamps

- Web camming ... screen caps of lao po and I but also with her/our daughter

- Pictures with the family ... Mama, Baba, extended aunts, uncle, cousins

... just some thoughts.

With my 1-29F, I submitted a small amount of the same information Jim listed, plus some letters. It is above the minimum required for the I-129F and the Service Centers are not interested. The reason is that what you submit with I-129F will be with the VO in GUZ before the interview. Small is key - you want to get through the Service Center quickly and save the heavy evidence haul for the interview, just in case it is needed

http://candleforlove.com/CFL_FAQ_List_Final1.htm#INTFAQ

Section two: Questions related to fraud avoidance and visa denials

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q.2.1 What are some issues the VO is looking for, which might prompt questions?

Q.2.2 Third Party issues?

Q.2.3 Previous Marriage?

Q.2.4 Beneficiary does not speak English well?

Q.2.5 Few number of visits by petitioner?

Q.2.6 Document issues?

Q.2.7 Fraud?

Q.2.8 How can I guard against the perception of fraud?

Q.2.9 Will sending money be considered evidence or fraud?

Q.2.10 We did not get the visa, they want additional evidence!

Q.2.11 We got a blue/pink slip?

Q.2.12 Video tape?

Q.2.13 Where can I get a video tape made in Guangzhou?

Q.2.14 What should we do in the video tape?

Q.2.15 Will the VO accept a video tape during the interview?

Q.2.16 When can we submit overcome evidence?

Q.2.17 Has anyone turned in a video and had the video rejected ?

Q.2.18 Do you have example interviews of denials?

Q.2.19 Where can I view the denial code?

The system is in constant change partly to keep visa scammers off balance. There is no cut and dried proven way to make sure you get a visa. Some people breeze through the process making one trip to China to meet their fiancee and submit a minimum of relationship evidence and others make a kajillion trips to China and have what one would think would be a slam dunk case only to be denied. Still the best chance for success is to make as many trips to China as possible, submit as much evidence as you can and go to the interview in case something goes wrong.

What about the CR1?    Are me and my wife going to have to prove our relationship to interviewer at the embassy?

155566[/snapback]

you're on the right track, follow the advice posted here and keep copies of all your communications .... and get some cheetos....

good luck!!!

What about the CR1?    Are me and my wife going to have to prove our relationship to interviewer at the embassy?

155566[/snapback]

Indeed you will. Often the married folk have a harder time of it than the K-1 people. Ask mooncarolcafe.

155566[/snapback]

Indeed you will. Often the married folk have a harder time of it than the K-1 people. Ask mooncarolcafe.

155600[/snapback]

and what is wrong with this picture??? :angry:

155566[/snapback]

155600[/snapback]

and what is wrong with this picture??? :angry:

155624[/snapback]

I think the logic of it Hank is there are many sham marriages done in China with scammers thinking it looks more legit to be married. The burdon of proof is less with a fiancee visa since all you have to prove is that you have a legitimate betrothal. Not that the burdon of proof is much less in fiancee visas. One of the arguements I have heard over the years is that married folks should get first priority over K-1 visas. Perhaps there is some logic to that but the fact of the matter is most of us who went K-1 did so because we perceived it to be faster. If K-3 or CR-1 were faster we would have done that instead. I would wager that everyone here who is K-1 would say their relationship with their SO is just as important as a K-3 to their spouse.

I have to agree with Carl. I applied for the K-1 only because we would be separated for the least amount of time. If there was a petition that took one month and I had to apply to bring everyone of her immediate family to live with me at my residence, I would. It just came down to which process was the fastest. It didn't even come from my mouth but from my SO "the fastest one is the best one".

The petition itself is what is sent to USCIS.. to the local visa center or NVC.

I have heard many variations on 'evidence' sent as part of the petition.. in many cases, I found some ideas to have a good rational basis (ie: present some emails as part of it to establish early on the communication style and ability of SO to write english, is they can).

But, I tend to come back to the basic issue: There is a basic checklist of what is required and ultimately, I am not convinced that more than this is necessary or helpful. I have seen where it is not helpful at times.

My submitted petition was bare bone minimal. I gave them nothing beyond what they asked for... and it flew through VSC.

I have also heard of some returning some 'evidence' with the P3, even though it is not asked for.. for same rationale mentioned above...

My opinion is... If you decide to send 'extra' stuff.. don't burden the center or processor... give a small example of what you want to prove...