Question on what "administrative processing" means

As some of you may have read in my previous thread, we ran into serious problems at the Sydney consulate. The big one that left us devastated was how hostile the CO was about doubting our relationship, despite all the "standard" evidence we had. We are in the process of overcoming this right now, and have lots of testionies and other evidence and I hope we will be okay.

The weird thing is taht the 221g form didn't say anything about doubting our relationship and the only outstanding issue right now is an "administrative processing". They said they are waiting for a response from Washington.

What could this mean? The DCF process here in Australia is pretty simple. It's one day of processing pretty much all forms, except the DS-230 Part 1 document, which they review ahead of time.

I'm assuming this administrative processing is specific to Chinese. My wife and I are here until January, and we're so afraid they don't finish processing our application before we leave. Anyone have any idea what would happen? We've already done EVERYTHING, including the medical, the police certificates, and the interview.

Thanks.

Be hopeful that it means that the VO has had second thoughts about what he is doing to you, and is requesting a ruling from someone else.

The wording "administrative review can mean a number of things, but I think that most of all, it means your application is still alive.

Your in that awful limbo stage... The only question I have is whether the paperworks has been sent physically back to the states...

9Fam speaks of returning the files to USCIS in certain conditions... all of which are undesireable... only in terms of waiting about six months...

I have not followed this too closely the last few days and so don't know if you are able to do 'overcome' evidence or not...

hoping the best for you two...

maybe you can email to your congressman to see if he or she can intervene to get the information to help clarify your situation.....

good luck