AOS paperwork questions

The last week or so edith and i have been trying to get our aos paperwork done. i have a couple questions:

1) G-325A for me, the USC, is this needed? edith found something on 001 that said we need this, but i cannot find anything in the AOS, EAD, AP, or I-864 instructions that require it.

2) 2 photos of me, the USC, is this needed? same story as (1)

3) is a copy of our marriage certificate required for the i-485? i actually also cannot find anywhere were this is required, but that just baffles me. the instructions sound like if we include a copy of our initial i-129f approval notice, we don't need the marriage cert. is this right?

3.a) we are using edith's AFTER marriage name on all forms. b/c of this, should we include a copy of our marriage cert in all forms (AOS, EAD, and AP) to verify this?

4) OT - edith got her ssn card yesterday. it says "valid for work only with DHS authorization". will it always say this? will we later (e.g. after AOS) apply to have this changed?

thanks.

ryan

Steve,

They don’t want your 325a or pictures either. :rolleyes:

Question 3 – marriage certificate see page 3 of the instructions for the I-485 “Evidence of eligibility.”

Make sure to include the vaccination supplement, others seem to have received an RFE if not included.

On the SSN, you could take exception to this label as her visa IS ”authorized for work” take a look at Franks post SSA Policies on K-1 SSN, What SSA Says About It.

I never sent photos of me but did send the required visa photos of her. A photo of you two together may be asked for at the interview. You will need a copy of your marriage certificate-you can't adjust status until you are married and they ain't gonna take your word for it. The I-129f approval is the NOA2 you got from the service center--it has nothing to do with the marriage cert. but they need it anyway.

We used wifey's new name on all AOS and EAd documents--I only sent a marriage cert with the I-485.

i think you guys are right, the photo (nor the g-235a) of me is not required.

but if you read the instructions of the i-485, it appears that an NOA2 is sufficient to prove eligibility. it seems like the marriage cert may also be used to prove eligibility, but not necessarily.

well, at least the way i read it.

guess, we're gonna go witht he mini-"kitchen sink" approach, and just include it all. :ph34r: ... except the photos of me... :greenblob: we'll keep those out. don't wanna be scaring any of those USCIS official!!!

I still like Eric's checklist:  http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3980

While the fees, photo requirements (passport vs. ADIT), and filing location may have changed, it's the most comprehensive listing of what to send in for AOS, EAD, and AP.

155104[/snapback]

thanks frank.

i now remember seening that don had bumped that thread up a while ago.

but this brings up another question... about tax returns, and the "oath of authenticity", what is this?

the last 3 yrs i have filed my taxes online, and i only have electronic copies of my tax forms with larg "COPY ONLY" watermarks on them, will these pass for the i-864?

but if you read the instructions of the i-485, it appears that an NOA2 is sufficient to prove eligibility. it seems like the marriage cert may also be used to prove eligibility, but not necessarily.

guess, we're gonna go witht he mini-"kitchen sink" approach, and just include it all. :blink: ... except the photos of me... :D we'll keep those out. don't wanna be scaring any of those USCIS official!!!

155102[/snapback]

Ryan,

From the latest I-485 on USCIS web site, go to page 3 on the 485 instructions, bottom of page on left side:

Attach a copy of the fiancé(e) petition approval notice,

a copy of your marriage certificate and your Form 1-94.

Just an FYI, when we sent in the AOS and EAD I followed the instructions to a 'T' and sent in the 3/4 shots, of course a few days after it was sent in it hit me what I had done.

Never heard a peep about it. I think they are using the Biometric photos now. Makes me wonder though, what would happen if there were no photos sent?

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

guess, we're gonna go witht he mini-"kitchen sink" approach, and just include it all. :blink: ... except the photos of me... :bangin: we'll keep those out. don't wanna be scaring any of those USCIS official!!!

155102[/snapback]

Ryan,

From the latest I-485 on USCIS web site, go to page 3 on the 485 instructions, bottom of page on left side:

155115[/snapback]

yep, you guys are right.... i just thought that "technically" the condition just before the explicit K-1 condition also applies as well, and that condition doesn't require the marriage cert...

anyway, i see it now. :D

thanks.

guess, we're gonna go witht he mini-"kitchen sink" approach, and just include it all. :) ... except the photos of me... :P we'll keep those out. don't wanna be scaring any of those USCIS official!!!

155102[/snapback]

Ryan,

155115[/snapback]

yep, you guys are right.... i just thought that "technically" the condition just before the explicit K-1 condition also applies as well, and that condition doesn't require the marriage cert...

anyway, i see it now. :)

thanks.

155121[/snapback]

Hey!!! Lee got one right!!

Waahhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :redblob: :blink: :redblob: :crazy: :redblob: :o :redblob: :) :redblob: B)

this wahoooo was brought to you by theoficial CFL wahoooer.

I still like Eric's checklist:  http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3980

While the fees, photo requirements (passport vs. ADIT), and filing location may have changed, it's the most comprehensive listing of what to send in for AOS, EAD, and AP.

155104[/snapback]

thanks frank.

but this brings up another question... about tax returns, and the "oath of authenticity", what is this?

the last 3 yrs i have filed my taxes online, and i only have electronic copies of my tax forms with larg "COPY ONLY" watermarks on them, will these pass for the i-864?

155107[/snapback]

I used the FC-029 which is an old document that states that the copies submitted are exact photocopies of the originals and that the originals would be submitted if necessary. This was also intended to cover my file copies of the tax returns. But, I also added a notarized certification with each of the tax returns that said that I certify that the tax return was a true and correct copy of the original filed with the IRS.

155104[/snapback]

thanks frank.

155107[/snapback]

I used the FC-029 which is an old document that states that the copies submitted are exact photocopies of the originals and that the originals would be submitted if necessary. This was also intended to cover my file copies of the tax returns. But, I also added a notarized certification with each of the tax returns that said that I certify that the tax return was a true and correct copy of the original filed with the IRS.

155225[/snapback]

yeah, this isn't required anymore. probably b/c it is certification is explicitly stated in the statement your sign at the end of the i-864 forms.

so i think i am good as for the tax returns.

a NEW question:

who to make out the checks too?

i think it's "Department of Homeland Security" since the April 05 instruction state that. BUT, the uscis website allways points you to this notice about "Paying Immigration-Related Fees After March 1, 2003...", this notice says "US Citizenship and Immigration Services"... so whadda ya think guys?