Name Check&Security Clearance, are they the same?

Jen has recently received her P3 and will mail back to GZ on Monday.

So the next step is P4.

What does GZ do between P3 and P4?

Aren't they suppose to do the name check before sending the P4?

My heart goes out to all of you who have had your fiancee interviewed and are still waiting for the visa to be issued. Is the security clearance different than the name check? Has anyone got the visa issued on the same day as the interview?

I would really appreciate if those of us that have been through this can summarize what should happen between P3 and P4 and then what should happen after the interview.

Thanks.

Tom,

No one really knows about the current P3-P4 process. It varies from case to case, but logically GZ should complete the name check before sending the P4 so that a visa can be issued immediately after an interview.

However, every single permutation you can think of is plausible regarding the name check process, the P3-P4 process, and the visa issuance.

1. An interview date/P4 can be sent out after a complete name check is finished.

2. An interview can be completed, and another round of name checks can begin, I don't know why.

3. etc...

I'm still in your position, waiting for P4. I'm crossing my fingers hoping to hear something soon from GZ for my fiancee and everyone else in this plight.

Guest Jim & Ling
Jen has recently received her P3 and will mail back to GZ on Monday.

So the next step is P4.

What does GZ do between P3 and P4?

Aren't they suppose to do the name check before sending the P4?

My heart goes out to all of you who have had your fiancee interviewed and are still waiting for the visa to be issued. Is the security clearance different than the name check? Has anyone got the visa issued on the same day as the interview?

I would really appreciate if those of us that have been through this can summarize what should happen between P3 and P4 and then what should happen after the interview.

Thanks.

my P3 sent on Nov 20th,weeks later GZ consulate said my name check done,was doing background check...weeks later DOS said name check done,name check is same with background check,I can ask GZ arrange interview.....weeks later,today,GZ said there is only one check--background check,never heard about name check,interview would be in one or two months.

I hate them !! I hate them !!! all I know is I hate them !!!!!

im sure no matter what you call it , the state dept. clears your fiance , its sent to guangzhou at that point p-4 is sent out , and if everything is ok at the interview she is issued a visa the next afternoon , thats the new procedure and i have e-mails sent from guangzhou to myself confirming this fact B)