Could Anyone tell me....

What do "GUZ", "DOS" and "NVC" stand for?

How much does the counselor agent in Guangzhou charge for filling form?

Not many papers, just two pieces of paper, one in English, the other in both Chinese and English.

The title of the English form is "Application For Immigrant Visa And Alien Registration". The other is "U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou, China Packet 3 Supplemental Information sheet"

The first two questions are 1. GUZ case number 2. Visa Category

I want to fill out the form by myself if the agent charges for an unreasonable fee.

Not many papers, just two pieces of paper, one in English, the other in both Chinese and English.

The title of the English form is "Application For Immigrant Visa And Alien Registration". The other is "U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou, China Packet 3 Supplemental Information sheet"

The first two questions are 1. GUZ case number  2. Visa Category

I want to fill out the form by myself if the agent charges for an unreasonable fee.

154821[/snapback]

I'm going to move your post to the General Discussion section to give it a little more exposure.

GUZ = Guangzhou consulate

DOS = Department of State

NVC = National Visa Center

When you say "counselor agent", I'm assuming you're referring to the hangers on around the consulate and elsewhere who offer to help with the paperwork. Just remember, these people are not affiliated with the US government and most promises they make are baseless. I don't know how much they charge, and I question whether they are worth much more than piece of mind. I know others have used these agents in the past and some are helpful in understanding how the paperwork flows, but most of us here at CFL also understand the process, and we don't charge any money. :P

It would be helpful if you would tell us what type of visa you are seeking and the form number you need some help with. It sounds like you may have received a P3 from GUZ.

Welcome to CFL... one stop shopping for all your visa questions...

Post your timeline for us, we can have better idea of where you are and your visa type.....

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

The first two questions are 1. GUZ case number  2. Visa Category

154821[/snapback]

Immigration Acronyms are thankfully common in the US. You will learn them well during your process....

Here's a good refererence...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=definition