Can anyone tell me.......

It's actually "GUZ" and then the case number. This case number is assigned by NVC to your case once it gets there (NVC). There are two visa types for spouses, the K3 (Nonimmigrant) and the CR1/IR1 (Immigrant) visas. So if you are chatting on the boards and going for the Nonimmigrant visa, just refer to it as a K3. Same for the CR1. You would be getting a IR1 visa if you have been married longer than 2 years. Hopes this helps.

Dave :ph34r:

It's actually "GUZ" and then the case number.  This case number is assigned by NVC to your case once it gets there (NVC).  There are two visa types for spouses, the K3 (Nonimmigrant) and the CR1/IR1 (Immigrant) visas.  So if you are chatting on the boards and going for the Nonimmigrant visa, just refer to it as a K3.  Same for the CR1.  You would be getting a IR1 visa if you have been married longer than 2 years.  Hopes this helps.

Dave  :clapping:

154555[/snapback]

Thanks, it is GUZ number.

What term do I fill in "Visa Category"?

I filed I-130 for my spouse.

:unsure: Welcome Aboard ;)

154574[/snapback]

I know little about immigration law. What is the difference between

I-130 and I-129f? I am a citizen. What is the proper term for "Visa

Category"?

Thanks

154583[/snapback]

One application is for a fiancee, to bring her here to marry. The other is an application for your wife, whom you have married abroad. FWIW the fiancee visa usually took less time than the spousal visa, but luckily you are allowed to take the fiancee route even if you are already married.

IIRC you being a citizen has no bearing on the type of application you file.

:unsure: Welcome Aboard ;)

154574[/snapback]

I know little about immigration law. What is the difference between

I-130 and I-129f? I am a citizen. What is the proper term for "Visa

Category"?

Thanks

154583[/snapback]

Here is a listing of the various visa categories: http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/visas.htm (non immigrant categories)

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/imm_visas.htm#imm (immigrant categories)

As far as the difference between the I-130 and the I129F, think of it this way. The I-130 that you filed is for an immirant visa - either CR-1 (married less than 2 years) or IR-1 (married more than 2 years).

After you file the I-130 and get a notice that it has been received, you have the option of filing the I-129F for a K-3 visa for your spouse. This is a non immigrant visa that would allow your spouse to come to the US while the I-130 continues to be processed. Sometimes, though, the K-3 takes just as long as the I-130, so it may not save much time.

give us some more information... such as a timeline like many others here, it helps us to provide more information related to the position you are in with the process...