letter from my senator

hey, I wrote my Senators and Congressman last week and just got a letter from my Senator. They emailed GUZ and asked about my status. GUZ said "She will probably have her interview in the November to December period. This is not a committment on our part. Due to a backlog of cases and insufficiant people we are taking longer than in the past."

We send in P3 on April 29th. She passed her name check in June.

Does this sound like a computer resonse that they sent to my Senator, or does it sound like I really have to wait until November/December to see my wife again? I was in China with her, but was offered a job in Atlanta by CNN in August. I figured that she would probably have her interview in September (I based that on other peoples experiences), so I thought I would return a few weeks early. Now it looks like I will have to wait 2 or 3 months.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Does this sound like a computer resonse that they sent to my Senator, or does it sound like I really have to wait until November/December to see my wife again?

153843[/snapback]

It sounds "canned" and it also sounds like they are leaving themselves an open door exit. They will refuse to give definite time frames. Hell, their the government, they can do anything they want to.

Does this sound like a computer resonse that they sent to my Senator, or does it sound like I really have to wait until November/December to see my wife again?

153843[/snapback]

It sounds "canned" and it also sounds like they are leaving themselves an open door exit. They will refuse to give definite time frames. Hell, their the government, they can do anything they want to.

153845[/snapback]

Thank you so much for what you said. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that. You might be right, you might be wrong. But, you give me hope... I am sure you can all understand, this is hell. I can't stand being away from my wife. I have pictures of her everywhere, so at least I can see a picture all day.

Well, I am impressed that my Senator actually did anything. I am sure it was probably someone in his staff, but they acted. I only sent the letter last week and I already have a response.

153843[/snapback]

153845[/snapback]

That's the whole point! They ARE the government and they CAN do what they want. As it is said, "You can't fight city hall." Sad but true... :ph34r:

get some cheetos..... the agony is the same for all of us, I had planned on going to Shanghai in November, but my wife called me Monday and said come end of this month.... so I booked my flight....

"damn the torpedos" :(

get some cheetos.....  the agony is the same for all of us, I had planned on going to Shanghai in November, but my wife called me Monday and said come end of this month.... so I booked my flight.... 

"damn the torpedos"  ;)

153854[/snapback]

HuH?...what did ya say?......."Damn the poor cheetos"?....... :(

153856[/snapback]

I keep telling my wife to focus on that first moment that we see each other, when she comes through the arrivals gate (or in Atlanta, comes up the arrivals escalator). At least there is MSN Messenger and Webcams. We see each other every day. It's rough getting up at 5:30 so we can talk before I go to work, but soooo worth it.

Yeah, I will be buying a big bag of cheeto's and kicking back and watching all those DVD's I brought back, alone, Friday night... Soon... Soon... Soon...

jbray:

In my opinion I believe your wife's interview will occur in November or December. I base this belief on three observations:

1. They stated you are in-line for an interview.

1. The "2nd namecheck" is complete. Without this she is a no go.

3. Her namecheck was completed in June.

She has passed all the hurdles required for interview scheduling, including the most important, the "2nd namecheck". They responded with the statement "probably have an interview in November or December".

However, I believe the most important fact, is that you stated "She passed her name check in June". This is a longer than many members, from P3 to "2nd namecheck completed. For example: my wife's CR1 case was "entered into the computer" by the consulate on 06/04/05 and her "2nd namecheck" was completed on 06/23/05. This is the final hurdle before being placed in the interview queue. I believe the average time from P3 to "2nd namecheck" completion is four weeks. This is a guess based on observations only, I do not have sufficient historical data to back this up and the data I have observed has a wide variance on both sides of the four week average.

So, in terms of "2nd namecheck" completed date, we are also at this point. My wife's interview has not been scheduled yet and the projection is for the interview date to be 11/10/05. Ours could happen in December also, but I strongly believe it will happen in either month, with November being a more likely possibility. You are in the same boat as us assuming the "2nd namecheck" completion is the final determining factor.

Several members, with known "2nd namecheck" completion date in June have received October interview dates. However, a larger number of members with "2nd namcheck" completion date in June have not received their P4/Interviews dates at this time. We are all hoping for November interview dates.

I agree with the other members that the DOS or consulate is not going to give any of us an exact date or even an exact month, until the month before the interview when the P4 letter is sent. But I also believe they will not lie in an official response, so they must be careful to leave themselves an out, in case the interview cannot be scheduled during this time.

Just my thoughts. Hope our wive's both have November interviews !!! Let me know what happens.

Mark

Edited by mlspyl (see edit history)