What is this and ....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

My I-129F petition had been taking longer than normal and was outside their 30-day window. I contacted USCIS last week and they began an investigation. The following is their response received by email today. What's this mean? What's the deal?

Dear xxxxxxxxxx:

On xx/xx/xx you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case.  Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- The petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 06/06/2005

Receipt #:

-- WAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

-- xxxxxxxxx

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

-- Information not available

Type of service requested:

-- Case Status - Outside Processing Time

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed.  We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case.  These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete.  If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember:  By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on that form.  If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at

1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you.  If you move, please call

us with your new address information as soon as your move is complete.  If you have already called us and given us this information, you do not need to call again.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

I've heard talk of security checks, but have never been able to find anything specific relating to them. It seems some unfortunates get caught by this and the entire process ends up being delayed. Some say this is random. Is it?

I've heard talk of security checks, but have never been able to find anything specific relating to them. It seems some unfortunates get caught by this and the entire process ends up being delayed. Some say this is random. Is it?

153480[/snapback]

I am an old timer and I am not feeling your pain. So my advice is to be patient.

My time @ TSC for I-129F = 144 days (albeit 2 years ago)

Biometrics = 08/04/04

AOS Interview = 06/05, approved, no stamp because security check not complete.

My advice is to develop patience. You are going to need it.

Edited by Stats (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
Has me a bit confused. The security checks usually come after the NOA2 and are done when it getsw to the NVC.  The standard answer at NVC is pretty much what you got. Are you sure that your pettion hasn't been aproved and passed on the the NVC?????

153483[/snapback]

Trigg, thanks....No, it's not been approved. That is why I called last week to the UCSIS. They say that once they are beyond 30 days of the current published processing time for I-129F petitions, they will accept your call and start an investigation. I was just beyond that....

I appear to be in limbo land. I've seen some posts on VJ and and searched here that it may well be just a keypunch error that no-one want's to seek out cuz it takes time. There is no-way of knowing.

Edited by fitnlivly (see edit history)

i'M STILL CONFUSED. I thought security things were NOT doen at the service centers. Rather, I was always under the impression that they simply checked to make sure you had all the proper paperwork done etc... Well, be patient--OOOOOPS!!!!! I mean, damn the patient thing---full speed ahead!!!!!

We received a similiar letter in April listing the "key" information but instead of addressing security issues, the bottom line to our letter was: {The status of this service request is:}...and then handwritten in pen: "Pending scheduling for interview.

Please go and get biometrics taken with this receipt."

This was for my wife's pending AOS appointment/interview.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Almost sounds like three things:

1.  They confused your file for a K-1 with someone else's.

2.  It's a quasi canned response.

3.  Your lengthly criminal record has them nervous (just kidding). :D

153516[/snapback]

Just got off the phone and this is VERY hard for both of us. So little to know, and nothing to understand. It's confusing and heart-wrenching. First, understand that we have NOT yet received our NOA2. We are awaiting approval. It's not making sense....

J

Guest ShaQuaNew
The notice you got may have used the term 'security clearance", but it is most likely the IBIS check. If you have ever had a security clearance, or been arrested for anything other than a speeding ticket, you will get a "hit". That makes your case a special exception that needs to be cleared before processing can continue.

I forgot you only wanted to know about your problem. Didn't mean to bore you with unimportant stuff.

Good luck.

153540[/snapback]

Thanks Don...there is just nowhere to find anything in particular about this.

Jesse,

Do try a call to the NVC. Our I-129 still shows in processing acording to the USCIS web site. It was sent to the NVC June 30 2004. They are here and have filed for AOS :rolleyes:

This is just an outside shot. But it won't hurt to call. Use the Case number on your NOA1. NVC Number 1-603-334-0700 push the right buttons until you get a human.

Good Luck

Jesse:

I am also hung up. You can look at my timeline and see that I have been under "adminstrative review" at NVC for over 7 months now. No one will help me to understand where my application is or what is occurring.

I did get assigned a GUZ number and everytime I call; the operator locates my case and parrots the same canned response. Imagine my frustration when I see fellow CFLers that applied at the same time that I did through the same service center attending final interviews in GuangZhou and planning on returning together this month. While I still appear 9 months out.

Pee on the patience. How do I explain my government's total disregard?

Who will give me back the time?

Phil

Has me a bit confused. The security checks usually come after the NOA2 and are done when it getsw to the NVC.  The standard answer at NVC is pretty much what you got. Are you sure that your pettion hasn't been aproved and passed on the the NVC?????

153483[/snapback]

I have heard about these security checks and security clearances. What exactly are they? ;)

The notice you got may have used the term 'security clearance", but it is most likely the IBIS check. If you have ever had a security clearance, or been arrested for anything other than a speeding ticket, you will get a "hit". That makes your case a special exception that needs to be cleared before processing can continue. Likewise, if someone with a similar name results in a hit. Same goes for your SO.

153540[/snapback]

Hey Don, I think you just solved a riddle of mine!! I was 168 days in CSC (thank God I had patience) and everyone else was screaming through there like nobody's business. I am retired Navy and held Top Secret compartmented clearances (yeah, the spook stuff) in DC. Are you saying my delay could have been a result of an IBIS check? If so, then all the crummy things I said about CSC are now taken back. Now it all makes sense to me!

Jesse - We had a lady on VJ that underwent an extra "security check" at the service center. They told her to expect a response in 6 months. Turned out to take only 90 days in her case. Her screen name in NewOrleansBound (well maybe not so anymore...) and her name is Joanna. She might be able to explain some things to you about her case.

Dave :king:

I'm gonna agree with Don on this... while CFL offers us the chance to understand the process fairly thoroughly, we have to be careful about trying to micro-manage every aspect of it.

I don't think the query to the Service Center is unwarranted.. you are clearly beyond the current norm for NOA2. But at least we see that the petition is active and tracked to a specific step. How long ? No one knows right now.

I would keep my focus on the big picture; The entire process through CSC normally is not longer than a year for K1. Your going to get time made up with the GUZ move.. so a little is lost right now, I would not get caught up in it.. and certainly don't compare your timeline to others too critically (other than those through CSC and now those stuck in one check) as this is your timeline and unique.

Keeping talking to your SO... but find something to talk about other than what the petition is doing...

Name Checks / FBI / Security Clearance, Collection of Links

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12275