CR1 Procedure

Since you filed in April, has any activity occurred since then ? You can add a timeline and this helps others answer questions as well...

You do not mention the K3, which can be filed as soon as you receive the NOA1 for the I-130 petition... so I'll just stick to CR1 comments...

The basic steps are in the FAQs.. I would look at the P3 first...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

CR1/IR1:

A.1.10.4

If you are going strictly with the I-130:

The NVC would have sent you and your wife a DS3032 (also known as a Choice of Agent Doc).

This must be signed by your wife and returned by her before the NVC will proceed.

Then they send you an Affidavit of Support Fee Bill, and freeze everything until your check clears the bank.

Then they ask for your Immigrant fee bill (around $365). Again, freeze frame until the check clears.

After that you get the P3, assuming your wife has named you agent of choice in the DS3032.

Send that back, and get P4 and invitation.

---

The best way to get a feel for timelines is to view others from VSC (Vermont Service Center). Although I admit that I find few of them in a quick look that I took... looking at another website (VisaJourney) is reporting 3 months and more for approval (So assume you are approved ?)...

Then it goes to NVC and starts the exchange of paperwork that can take 2 months or more once you start sending stuff... then gets sent to GUZ and through customs... and then gets into a queue for an interview.

Maybe, all together about 11-12 months CR1 through VSC. If you started a K3, there's a chance you can save some time getting into the queue earlier...

David,

Thank you so much for your reply. I don't think my lawyer filed K3 for us. How do I know if my case is approved? By the I-797C? It's a Notice of Action, and on the Notice Type it says "Approval Notice".

All I have done was filling out forms, like I-130, G-325A, I-864, and DS-230. I gave them all to the lawyer. He has no response. Whenever I call him up, he always asks me to wait. Oh, I was asked to pay bills before I was asked to file I-864 and DS230.

We've never received DS3032. So far, I only received a copy of I-797C from USCIS. Nothing else, not even Packet 3 which has been mentioned many times here in this forum.

Edited by bearbear (see edit history)
David,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I don't think my lawyer filed K3 for us.  How do I know if my case is approved?  By the I-797C?  It's a Notice of Action, and on the Notice Type it says "Approval Notice".

All I have done was filling out forms, like I-130, G-325A, I-864, and DS-230.  I gave them all to the lawyer.  He has no response.  Whenever I call him up, he always asks me to wait.  Oh, I was asked to pay bills before I was asked to file I-864 and DS230. 

We've never received DS3032.  So far, I only received a copy of I-797C from USCIS.  Nothing else, not even Packet 3 which has been mentioned many times here in this forum.

153337[/snapback]

Yes, the I-797 is the approval... often we designate this as NOA1 (petition is received, usually very soon after sending) and NOA2 (petition is approved).

I'm assuming your lawyer filled out the 'agent of choice' DS-3032.. and probably put themself as 'agent'. You can ask them to confirm this. This means they are getting all correspondence from NVC at this point are filing and submitting the payments you provided.

For CR1, NVC sends out the P3 to the 'agent'... Again, most report getting through NVC in about 2 months. You can call NVC to see when it was received there, what they are waiting on next, etc if the lawyer is not giving you timely info...

It's hard to know if your lawyer is adding time to this or not.. meaning, if he is expediting every step as quickly as you might had you done this yourself. All you can do is request for him to tell you when each step, whatever it is, is started and/or complete.