It's a TV for goodness sake ...

Could someone please give me a good translation (Chinese and pinyin) for "plasma TV"?

Everytime I talk to someone about this they think plasma = blood.0„2 Too confusing!!

Fundahin!!

and ... thank you.

152360[/snapback]

Would µÈÀë×ÓÌå (d¨§ng l¨ª zi ti) work? or µÈÀë×ÓÇø (d¨§ng l¨ª zi qu)? or LCD??

The first 2 suggestions are translations of the (physics) scientific word plasma - they may or may not have adopted that as the commercial name for the TV. If you still get blank looks, try LCD, or Dennis' suggestion.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest Guest:keyman_*
Could someone please give me a good translation (Chinese and pinyin) for "plasma TV"?

Everytime I talk to someone about this they think plasma = blood.  Too confusing!!

Fundahin!!

and ... thank you.

152360[/snapback]

:D I think the Chinese name should be Òº¾§µçÊÓ

• 4 weeks later...

Everytime I talk to someone about this they think plasma = blood.  Too confusing!!

Fundahin!!

and ... thank you.

152360[/snapback]

Do you still want the translation? It should be:

µÈÀë×ÓµçÊÓ»ú

No doubt. :D

Do you still want the translation?  It should be:

µÈÀë×ÓµçÊÓ»ú

No doubt. :blink:

158990[/snapback]

Joanne ... I think maybe you get the prize because no one I've showed this to knows what it means!! :huh:

I had dinner with an English professor from CQ University last night and she couldn't come up with the right English for "plasma TV". Not to worry ... Lao Po bought the right TV and got it for a great "Golden Week" price.