Questions about work and I-765

Still filling all these forms out and getting the documents together.
I want to be sure I understand this correctly as I am unable to find this spelled out as well as I like. (If you have a link to a gov site, please post).

If we do not file the I-765 with the I-465, after we have an AOS interview for the I-465, she can then go to work without this form? Or do you need to file it no matter what if you want to work?
For example, if she is not going to go to work for a year, and we might get an interview before that, is this just a waste of money?

At what point can you get the "not authorized to work" stamp removed from the social security card?

Thanks.

Once you have the AOS interview she will recieve the green card and will not need EAD (I-765). Sooooo, if she isn't going to work before AOS---no need to spent the 175$ for EAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, 'not authorized for work" I ahbvent had my wifes changed but it doens't matter as the green card authorizes work.

Even if she passes the AOS interview, she might still have to wait for security check prior to getting the green card. Sometimes it takes 6 months for the security check. If your wife doesn't plan to work for 1 to 2 years, then she shouldn't get the EAD. EAD is only good for 1 year. After one year, she has to renew it.

Edited by ttlee_99 (see edit history)

Thank you for the info.

Took care of the SS card within the K1 time. No problem getting that, and the SS office knew exactly what to do.(I don't know how other people make it without CFL, maybe it just takes them more time or hassles).

Wondering about anyone who has changed the card later, like this scenario:

Come to US.

Get SS card.

Get married.

Don't change last name.

At what point do you ask for a new SS card without the "No work" stamp?

I cannot recall anyone *ever* asking to see my SS card, so perhaps this is moot, but since we don't know what we might do in the future, I am thinking we might want a card at some point with this removed.

Edited by nooneufo (see edit history)