how to track DHL?

This is how we used to do it. I think someone came up with an easier way using reference numbers??

You need to know the date your file was sent from the NVC if your not sure call them 1-603-334-0700. Then Call DHL 1-800-225-5345 push the right buttons until you get a human. Explain to them what you are doing, tracking your file sent from the NVC. Give them the date the file was sent, the zip for NVC at Portsmouth New Hampshire 03801 and the postal code for the Consulate General in Guangzhou China 510133. There will be anywhere form 3 to 8 packages sent, get the tracking numbers for all of them. Then go to the DHL SiteDHL - Track By Tracking Number and input the tracking numbers. Look for the one's originating in Erlanger Kentucky, I guess that is where the K files are processed. Sometimes the packages will be big 20, 30 pounds, your file is in there somewhere, ignore the smaller ones they are usually diplomatic pouches and do not stay in clearance delay very long.

Like I said before they usually "age" the files for about a month before delivering them to the Consulate. Give it a few days after they have been delivered and call DOS 1-202-663-1225 push the right buttons until you reach a human, give them your GUZ number and they will be able to tell you if the P-3 has been sent, then tell your wife to look for the package.

The track-by-reference ID is "I-730". Enter this on the DHL track-by-reference page (accessed from the 'track' menu at the top of the screen). You will get a list of all packages sent from NVC to the GUZ (also other countries) around that date. The "I-730" and date are all you need to enter.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
The track-by-reference ID  is "I-730".

My case is also on the way to Guangzhou.

I searched for the possible parcels and find there are two different types of shipment reference ID: one is I-730(5 lbs), the other is like "EXP 04 SEP 2005A (12 lbs/14 lbs)".

So which reference ID is the typically used one for the visa papers?

Edited by Homeprincess (see edit history)
The track-by-reference ID  is "I-730".

My case is also on the way to Guangzhou.

I searched for the possible parcels and find there are two different types of shipment reference ID: one is I-730, the other is like "EXP 04 SEP 2005A ".

So which reference ID is the typically used one for the visa papers?

152570[/snapback]

That would be the I-730. Good luck!!

Dave :lol: