Called DOS today

I called DOS this morning and they said the interview packet was sent on August 31st. My SO said she didn't receive anything. When she filled out the paperwork for the P3 she did put down her Chinese address. I hope they didn't once again send the packet to the states again. Last time they said they didn't have her Chinese address and that's why it was sent over here. I know that's bull because I wrote it down on the form in Chinese characters and it is readable! All my mail to her didn't have any problems! We wasted a whole month because of that! She's going to check the post office tomorrow to see if they have anything there.

How long should I wait before contacting GUZ? My interview date is the same as Ed and Ying's the 20th of October. When to when is the Canton Fair scheduled for? If it's still going on I would have to tell her to book the room now if possible.

Still nervously waiting but more at ease since I know we're approaching the end.

I called DOS this morning and they said the interview packet was sent on August 31st. My SO said she didn't receive anything. When she filled out the paperwork for the P3 she did put down her Chinese address. I hope they didn't once again send the packet to the states again. Last time they said they didn't have her Chinese address and that's why it was sent over here. I know that's bull because I wrote it down on the form in Chinese characters and it is readable! All my mail to her didn't have any problems! We wasted a whole month because of that! She's going to check the post office tomorrow to see if they have anything there.

How long should I wait before contacting GUZ? My interview date is the same as Ed and Ying's the 20th of October. When to when is the Canton Fair scheduled for? If it's still going on I would have to tell her to book the room now if possible.

Still nervously waiting but more at ease since I know we're approaching the end.

151938[/snapback]

Congratulations for your upcoming interview, the P4 is sent via EMS so it should not take more than 2-3 days to reach its destination if outside GZ. I would strongly recommend you to e-mail GZ and request them to call your fiancee, they're pretty good about this and would always call. It happened to us with P3 and P4. Good luck. :D

151938[/snapback]

Book your room NOW!!!

Contact GUZ and give them your wifes address again in English if necessary. I would also request them to call her, you should have listed her number before, but give it to them again....

good luck!!

I would also say contact GUZ now. No sense in waiting and wondering, especially if they sent things state side to you before.

Give them your SO's address and phone number, and tell them if there are any questions to contact her directly. In the past some SO's have received phone calls from the consulate to clear up address issues.

Amerchin, I would surely call/email to check. But this might help you fell better: My guess is that DOS uses the letter date as the sent date

Ying's P4 letter was dated Aug 30, but the EMS tracking shoed it was not picked up from GUZ until about 5 pm on Friday. She got it on the 4th. Maybe yours just missed EMS pickup Friday, with embassy close on Monday, hopefully it is in EMS hands now

Guys, thanks a lot for your input. Ed thanks for informing me of the dates. It's time to whip up GUZ. They sent me a fax number when they didn't get my P3 from White Swan Hotel yet way back then. I'll FAX them my SO's address and phone number after I call my sweetie first. I just want to see if they might have just sent it.