You must see water ...

I think some feng shui theories are common sense when you think about it. I've never heard anything about water- but you wouldn't want to have your house at the base of a mountain because then it seems like the mountain could always fall on top of you- it towers over you. It's the same in the city when you see a really tall apartment building sitting beside a really short apartment building. You wouldn't want to be the short apartment building.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that apartment comment triggered another thought. When we were looking at apartments I noted that many have fancy, sometimes 2-3 floor, penthouses on the top. Further, I noted that the pricing structure for apartments sometimes varied by the floor; the higher the apartment, the higher the price. OK, I said, very cool, I like being up high.

Then I found a very nice set of new apartment buildings that actually had one of the apartments on the 22nd, or top, floor available. It wasn't a penthouse and it wasn't any more expensive than the apartments from the 15th floor on up. Sounds like a good deal ... I urged lao po to buy it. She said we must consult with the family.

OHHH NOOOO!!! top floor ... too HIGH! ... lightening ... wind ...could fall ... etc etc.

Huh?? But ... but ... the penthouses ... the pricing structure ... higher apartments are valued more ... great prestige to be on the top (hmmm) ... etc, etc.

Veto

The one that lao po finally bought is on the 11th floor of a 20 floor building ... but .... hehehe ... the floor numbering starts with -2 so it's really a 22 floor building and we are on 13. Thirteen! OMG!!! I didn't realize .... :rolleyes:

OOOooooohhhh Jim!

I'd hate to have to walk 13 floors when the elevator isn't running. Up high in the sky is nice until you walk it  :wub:

Currently I'm on the 3rd floor and use the stairs most of the time. I think that is just about right.

152338[/snapback]

Walking 13th floors a day is good exercise.

OOOooooohhhh Jim!

I'd hate to have to walk 13 floors when the elevator isn't running. Up high in the sky is nice until you walk it  :lol:

Currently I'm on the 3rd floor and use the stairs most of the time. I think that is just about right.

152338[/snapback]

152340[/snapback]

But falling down the stairs could take on a new meaning. :(

OOOooooohhhh Jim!

I'd hate to have to walk 13 floors when the elevator isn't running. Up high in the sky is nice until you walk it  :greenblob:

152338[/snapback]

152340[/snapback]

But falling down the stairs could take on a new meaning. :clapping:

152385[/snapback]

Ya, esspecialy if you bump your head on the water cooler on the way down!!