Name Check Process

I suddenly realized that I put "journalist" as title in my work experience and I became so worried about it now. I didn't know there is something like a "name check" when I was filing the applications. I used to work as a financial journalist working for an joint-venture newswire but I changed my job a year ago.

Will the title of "journalist" have bad influence on my case, especially on my background check? Anyone whose SO has similiar background please give some advice. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Homeprincess (see edit history)
I suddenly realized that I put "journalist" as title in my work experience and I became so worried about it now. I didn't know there is something like a "name check" when I was filing the applications. I used to work as a financial journalist working for an joint-venture newswire but I changed my job a year ago.

Will the title of "journalist" have bad influence on my case, especially on my background check? Anyone whose SO has similiar background please give some advice. Thanks in advance.

151863[/snapback]

Your journalist job description should have no effect on the name check(s). The name checks primarily focus on your SO - searching various US government and other available databases to see if your SO fits any of the reject categories.

I wouldn't sweat it.

151863[/snapback]

Your journalist job description should have no effect on the name check(s). The name checks primarily focus on your SO - searching various US government and other available databases to see if your SO fits any of the reject categories.

I wouldn't sweat it.

152109[/snapback]

sorry for the confusion I brought here. I am the SO...so, how about that now?

Does anyone have some idea about what kind of investigations the FBI will carry on in the name check process?

Background check? Credit/employment history?

Does anyone make calls to FBI recently concerning the name check?

Thanks.

Edited by Homeprincess (see edit history)

They are more concerned if your name gets a hit on the name-check, as long as your occupation is not "sensitive" and it doesn't appear that Journalist seems to be in that catagory...

Relax and enjoy the rest of the ride.........