Post Office

amerchin

The great GUZ posted on their website the Jun Yuan Post Office that will handle the visas issued.

Jun Yuan Post Office

155 Tianhe East Road

Guangzhou, China

Telephone: 020-38188078

If the visa information does not match the passport information then use their website to contact them (I wouldn't because it would take too long for a response) or fax them at: 020-38844412

You may check the delivery status of your visa by calling 11185 (This number is a puzzle to me)

The site will also list how much it will cost for a pick up or delivery.

20 RMB for pickup. Mailing it will cost you more money.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...or%20tianyu.htm

I'm a little confused by this statement on that webpage:

==============

When you receive the visa, please DO NOT OPEN THE VISA PACKET, the Department of Home Land Security will open the packet when you enter the U.S. Check the visa information. If you find the visa information does not match the passport information, please use our Web site or fax to contact us, our Web site is www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html, fax number is 020-38844412.

==============

I thought the visa was attached to the passport? And so i would assume that in order to leave china, we would need to show the chinese passport while exiting china?

so maybe the visa is not attached to the passport but rather is in some kind of packet now, it is also confusing if you should find something wrong, then you should contact the US consulate? but according to this, the packet will not be opened until you enter the US.

So now I'm picturing arriving at the US, the officer opening some packet, and finding that the wrong information is inside. so are we suppose to fax the consulate from the immigration lines to find out what is up?

This completely does not make sense to me.

I guess I'll find out soon enough!

I'm a little confused by this statement on that webpage:

==============

When you receive the visa, please  DO NOT OPEN THE VISA PACKET, the Department of Home Land Security will open the packet when you enter the U.S. Check the visa information. If you find the visa information does not match the passport information, please use our Web site or fax to contact us, our Web site is  www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html, fax number is 020-38844412.

==============

I thought the visa was attached to the passport? And so i would assume that in order to leave china, we would need to show the chinese passport while exiting china?

so maybe the visa is not attached to the passport but rather is in some kind of packet now, it is also confusing if you should find something wrong, then you should contact the US consulate?  but according to this, the packet will not be opened until you enter the US.

So now I'm picturing arriving at the US, the officer opening some packet, and finding that the wrong information is inside. so are we suppose to fax the consulate from the immigration lines to find out what is up?

This completely does not make sense to me.

I guess I'll find out soon enough!

150956[/snapback]

The visa is attached to the inside of the passport and you also receive a packet (big envelope) that is to be hand carried to the US and presented at the port of entry. This contains all sorts of junk related to your case, just make sure it doesn't get packed in the checked luggage. ;)

Even though the visa sticker should be checked by GZ before they stick it onto your SO's passport, they want you to recheck the name, birthday, etc.

The packet will contain the paperwork from the Great GUZ from behind the curtain. In turn those papers will wait for your follow up during AOS.

Has anyone figured out what type of number is 11185 when they said to check the delivery status? Is it short for 020-38811185? I would assume so, but sometimes assuming something results in assuming the position.

For some people it might be very important to check on the status of their visas so I don't want to guess on this number. Some others may be calling from long distance as well so I will not state the beginning numbers are correct since I don't know.