Learning Chinese

Lao Gan Ma also makes a brand of pickled dofu that is great. Li really likes pickled dofu, as does little Salina. That isn't surprising though. When Li was pregnant, I often found her in the kitchen in the middle of the night eating pickled dofu and leek dumplings. Actually, when she was pregnant, I often found her in the kitchen eating all sorts of things.

Anyway, I am feasting on Lao Gan Ma these days.

178951[/snapback]

Yes, I know this is :D

Mick, what is the deal with dill pickles??? We'll buy a jar and then she'll eat the whole thing in a day. The last jar, I asked her to save me one pickle for when I make myself a burger, but that lonely pickle was just too irresistiable for my lao po and she could not help herself. And, she isn't even pregnant. Honestly, it's like a drug. She just can't stop eating those pickles, once she starts.

180604[/snapback]

Geepers, sounds like one's on the way man ... Paul

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lao Gan Ma also makes a brand of pickled dofu that is great. Li really likes pickled dofu, as does little Salina. That isn't surprising though. When Li was pregnant, I often found her in the kitchen in the middle of the night eating pickled dofu and leek dumplings. Actually, when she was pregnant, I often found her in the kitchen eating all sorts of things.

Anyway, I am feasting on Lao Gan Ma these days.

178951[/snapback]

Yes, I know this is :offtopic:

Mick, what is the deal with dill pickles??? We'll buy a jar and then she'll eat the whole thing in a day. The last jar, I asked her to save me one pickle for when I make myself a burger, but that lonely pickle was just too irresistiable for my lao po and she could not help herself. And, she isn't even pregnant. Honestly, it's like a drug. She just can't stop eating those pickles, once she starts.

180604[/snapback]

Oh, I can relate. :huh:

Especially when Li was pregnant, anything related to a pickle was an endangered species. She ate pickles, pickled vegetables in mass quantities and especially spicy, pickled dofu.

She still eats pickled this and that. She is not, however, too fond of dill pickles. I guess she prefers the salty taste to sour. But then, when she was expecting, she ate dills and anything else she could get her hands on.