I got the following email from GZ. They are saying about to be scheduled, what does about mean according to the mighty GZ. Has anyone received this email before? Can I assume the name check is complete.

Thank you for your inquiry. Your wife's case is about to be scheduled

for a

visa

interview. Given the very high volume of immigrant visa petitions for

Chinese citizens and the

difficulty of getting notices to them, interview appointments are

usually

made a few months after

clearance is received. Once we schedule the case, we will mail an

appointment packet to her.

If you have been doing second name check since May, I would guess that email is good news. I don't think they would say she is about to be scheduled if they were still doing the name check :clapping:

tenfootalbino:

This is the same e-mail response we received from Guangzhou a couple of weeks ago.

Our interview is projected for November while yours is projected for October. This is based on the P3 and 2nd namecheck dates. However, since the interviews are scheduled in monthly blocks, either of ours could be in October or November.

The consulate should start sending P4s for October interviews next week. I would call the DOS starting next Wednesday to see if your interview has been scheduled for October. Based on recent history, it appears that P4 letters are sent over a week period (end of month to first couple of days of next month). Call every day to check !!!

Mark

I actually call the DOS quite often, and the last time the lady got really annoyed with me. It seems they can see any emails you send to GZ. She told me you just asked GZ and they said it will be scheduled soon. I personally would have like to tell her off, because of the attitude. Of course if I do this, something will screw up with my wife's case.

I will call next week to see if they have an interview scheduled. Thanks for the advice.

Matt

I actually call the DOS quite often, and the last time the lady got really annoyed with me.  It seems they can see any emails you send to GZ.  She told me you just asked GZ and they said it will be scheduled soon.  I personally would have like to tell her off, because of the attitude.  Of course if I do this, something will screw up with my wife's case.

I will call next week to see if they have an interview scheduled.  Thanks for the advice.

Matt

149818[/snapback]

Time to switch modes.

Ease up on your Emails to GZ and calls to DOS.

Get your P4 stuff ready.

Finish up on the home projects and start shopping

for air tickets.

You are almost there.

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)
My understanding is that they put you in line based on the date your case was received bt the GUZ. That would mean you're next, or very soon. Would you save us a place in line, please? :huh:

149874[/snapback]

I just received the same email from GZ. They said my wife's CR-1 is almost complete and they are about to schedule an interview. I hope it's next week.