A little worried - no word from fiancee today

It is now just 93 hrs until my plane leaves for our visa interview in Sept. my fiancee went today with another women to pick up their medical results in Guangzhou. So far I have not heard back from here, and it is almost 10pm there!

I am getting not just a little bit worried!

I've tried calling both of her cell phone numbers as well as her home number, but no answer, the cell phone msg says that it is powered off.

Hopefully all will be ok. maybe she just forgot to recharge her cell phone before leaving for the day.

I was wondering if anyone here on CFL has a lady that went today with another lady from Shenzhen to pick up their medical results? Maybe she went with my fiancee. Have you heard anything back yet?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Cell phone communications are not very reliable in China where there are often large dead zones between towers. I know when my SO travels out of town that it's often hard to reach her. It still troubling I know as everthing is soon coming to a happy end for both of you. I think you'll be hearing from her very soon....

Maybe one more thing to bring when taking the medical exam or picking it up, especially if it is far away ... bring a cell phone!

my fiancee has a cell phone that uses one card in shenzhen, but it is only good in shenzhen, when she goes out of the area, she needs to swap in a different card in the phone. today she was in a hurry to meet the other person at 2, so she forgot to swap in the other card in the phone. so it did not work until she arrived in shenzhen.

David, maybe one for the FAQ?

Maybe one more thing to bring when taking the medical exam or picking it up, especially if it is far away ... bring a cell phone!

my fiancee has a cell phone that uses one card in shenzhen, but it is only good in shenzhen,  when she goes out of the area, she needs to swap in a different card in the phone. today she was in a hurry to meet the other person at 2, so she forgot to swap in the other card in the phone. so it did not work until she arrived in shenzhen.

David, maybe one for the FAQ?

149208[/snapback]

all's well that ends well..... I know how you feel about the anxiety of not being able to reach your SO... but eventually we do...

Guest ShaQuaNew
Just called again, she just arrived in Shenzhen! and was at the train station. all is ok, everything went ok.

She said they took some time to check the hotels and try on the wedding dresses. :)

so i can rest a little easier now.

149206[/snapback]

Glad to hear she made it back okay. I know too well the problems with cell phones in the Shenzhen area...

Well,glad to hear it is all ok.It is amazing how Chinese women are always

so laid back and easy to understand. :) Unlike us men in America, always have to be on top of things,or at least we think we are. :D I guess that is why I love my Chinese wife like I do. :D well good luck on the rest of the process.

Yours,

Dan :)

All is well that ends well!

She was very appologetic (sp trigg?) and i said it was nothing. As long as she made it back safe that is all i was worried about. and now that she has the medical envelope, well, now we are all set for the interview.

oh, i first need to get there ... less than 90 hrs and i'll take care of that!

thanks all for bearing with me. i am quickly becoming a basket case :D

you are amongst a bunch...... <_<