Return flight from HK to US

Recently I scheduled my flight to fly Round Trip from Wash DC to Hong Kong and take bus into Shenzhen for Selina's interview the first week of September.

Do I face any potential immigration problems with Selina as we try to leave China and pass through HK immigration on our way to HK airport?

Or should I try to reschedule my flight to fly into China and leave directly from China?

Thanks for your responses.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Recently I scheduled my flight to fly Round Trip from Wash DC to Hong Kong and take bus into Shenzhen for Selina's interview the first week of September.

Do I face any potential immigration problems with Selina as we try to leave China and pass through HK immigration on our way to HK airport?

Or should I try to reschedule my flight to fly into China and leave directly from China?

Thanks for your responses.

149174[/snapback]

Regardless which airport you depart, she will need her passport and visa to board the plane. If she has that, she is free to pass through all customs checkpoints.

We just did this on August 9th, 2005.

As in the last reply, make sure she has her passport and visa. Also she will need her identity card (or whatever they call it - has her photo on it).

The first woman at customs was having a big problem over the visa, I was about to request a supervisor when another lady came over, looked at it and said there is no problem, she is okay with the visa.

Oh, yes. Make sure she fills out the right small form on the bus on the way to customs. The bus driver gave my fiancee the wrong one and she had to leave the customs gate, go back to the forms desk and fill out another form.

I was allowed to go in the same line as my fiancee through customs. One guard objected, but the woman at the gate said okay.

We just did this on August 9th, 2005.

As in the last reply, make sure she has her passport and visa. Also she will need her identity card (or whatever they call it - has her photo on it).

The first woman at customs was having a big problem over the visa, I was about to request a supervisor when another lady came over, looked at it and said there is no problem, she is okay with the visa.

Oh, yes. Make sure she fills out the right small form on the bus on the way to customs. The bus driver gave my fiancee the wrong one and she had to leave the customs gate, go back to the forms desk and fill out another form.

I was allowed to go in the same line as my fiancee through customs. One guard objected, but the woman at the gate said okay.

149223[/snapback]

Thanks for the information.

Eric