K1 ceremony in china

Guest ShaQuaNew

Great story Frank....

I am thinking this may well be where we are heading too. I would enjoy having that sort of ceremony with Lan in China before she comes here.....RMB accessibility is the only issue...

We are K-1 and our Chinese ceremony is in a few days... on Sunday.

His parents rented the entire floor of a restaurant. There will be about 130 people. I will wear 3 dresses- he will have 2 outfits. I'm told we won't have time to eat cuz we will be busy toasting everyone, but everyone else will eat. There will be an MC to keep us all entertained. There will be a photographer.

That's all I know... I can update more after the wedding.

149522[/snapback]

sounds like you will be busier changing dresses. Have fun!

We are K-1 and our Chinese ceremony is in a few days... on Sunday.

His parents rented the entire floor of a restaurant. There will be about 130 people. I will wear 3 dresses- he will have 2 outfits. I'm told we won't have time to eat cuz we will be busy toasting everyone, but everyone else will eat. There will be an MC to keep us all entertained. There will be a photographer.

That's all I know... I can update more after the wedding.

149522[/snapback]

sounds like you will be busier changing dresses. Have fun!

149552[/snapback]

I'm worrying about the 'no time to eat' and too many toasts...

I [once again] see IVs in my future... :ph34r:

frank, thanks for link.. enjoyed reading...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Tell me, are there any Christian churchs readily available in China or are they all underground?

149040[/snapback]

Protestant Christianity is by far and away the fastest growing religion in China. The latest government statistics state that 1500 new churches open each month in China.

There are basically three types of Protestant Churches in China. The most visible is the "Three-Self Patriotic Movement." It is the officially sanctioned church and in many cities there are numerous church buildings. In the area where I lived the last 4 years I was in China, there were 14 church buildings, all packed to the rafters.

Secondly, there are house churches that are registered with the government. These groups meet in houses and are legal.

Third, there are unregistered house churches. These are also flourishing and growing in number. However, they are illegal and it is these churches that are usually persecuted.

As for weddings, I am not sure how various church bodies might handle this. I suspect, like many things in China, it would vary, depending on where you are.