Was our case entered into the computer?

We received our P-3 (it was the DS-230, Part 1) in mid-July and returned the completed material within 10 days. How do we find out if our case has been "entered into the computer in Guangzhou?" From the talk here, it seems this is an important criterion.

Also, what should be our expectation regarding when we are likely to receive the P-4? Does that packet also bring the interview letter?

Finally, what is the e-mail address of the Consulate in Guangzhou? It would be nice to learn if they know who we are.

The average time from sending to GUZ and entered in computer is 7-10 days.

You can look at the link Jesse supplied..

P3 FAQ will have a number for DOS, to check on computer entered or not;

P4 FAQ will give you info on what's included (yes, interview date); Interview FAQ will you more info on Guangzhou and email address..

Historically, P3 to P4 is about 120 days. Your SO will go through a namecheck and if all goes on average, then P3-Interview is about 150 days.. Although I think shortening now with the new consulate location.

I thank you all for your information. I have e-mailed them, and perhaps they will get back to me with something positive and useful.

150 days from the P-3 to the interview? Yikes! That would mean something aound December!

I guess that's why I decided to spend the next month in China with my wife.

I received a reply to my e-mail from Guangzhou today and they said they haven't received anything from HLS or the Dept. of State about us yet.

We sent in our DS-230, Part 1 in the middle of July, (2005).

How long does it usually take for cases to be sent to GUZ after the 230 and how can I find out if there is some hold up? Calling the visa 800 number has never been productive.

Edited by shyaushu (see edit history)
I received a reply to my e-mail from Guangzhou today and they said they haven't received anything from HLS or the Dept. of State about us yet.

How long does it usually take for cases to be sent to GUZ after the 230 and how can I find out if there is some hold up?  Calling the visa 800 number has never been productive.

148846[/snapback]

Your confusing :lol: are you a K-1, K-3 or a CR-1? Your original post says you received P-3. Did you return OF-169 and DS-230 part one? What are you expecxting Guangzhou to recieve from HLS or DOS? If you are K-1 or K-3 you should be checking to see if Guangzhou recieved those forms from you :D

How long does it usually take for cases to be sent to GUZ after the 230 and how can I find out if there is some hold up?  Calling the visa 800 number has never been productive.

148846[/snapback]

You can call DOS at 202.663.1255

Then press 1, then press 0, then press 0.

But reading back posts, you mention having to follow the I-130, and now ask about the P3 DS-230, part I (for I-129F/K3).

What have you done so far with each petition : I-130/I-129f..

I have "updated our time line" as you suggested.

Since it normally takes about 10 days for an appproved case to be entered into the computer at GUZ, I am thinking we are on the outside of that time frame.

I am still open to suggestions regarding how to find out our current status. I know patience is necessary and best, but seeing some progress over time is important to me.

Ok, It makes a little sense now. You have both petition for a K-3 and petition for a CR-1 going. You need to call the National Visa Center(NVC) 1-603-334-0700 and see what the satus of your I-129(K-3) is, has it been sent to Guangzhou? Your DS-230 part one is in process at Department of State(DOS) and Guangzhou has seen none of that yet, your I-130 (CR-1). You are mixing things up between the different petitions.

So Call the NVC, push the right buttons until you get a human, don't use the automated system and get the status of your I-129.

Edited by Gene (see edit history)
Ok, It makes a little sense now. You have both petition for a K-3 and petition for a CR-1 going. You need to call the National Visa Center(NVC) 1-603-334-0700 and see what the satus of your I-129(K-3) is, has it been sent to Guangzhou? Your DS-230 part one is in process at Department of State(DOS) and Guangzhou has seen none of that yet, your I-130 (CR-1). You are mixing things up between the different petitions.

So Call the NVC, push the right buttons until you get a human, don't use the automated system and get the status of your I-129.

148906[/snapback]

Thanks to you all.

I am not surprised I am confusing separate petitions and processes, since the concept behind the system has apparently been to make it as innefficient and confusing as possible.

I will have to call the NVC at some later time since they are terminally busy today, but I thought my I-129F was approved? So (more confusion?), getting an "Approval Notice" for the I-129F does not mean it was approved? I must have missed something in 5th grade.

I am not sure what the CR-1 is, although it was listed in our paperwork.

Since I will be leaving for China in 3 weeks and spending a month with my wife, I would sure like to know where we stand.

But, from what I have gleaned from the helpful comments and advice here, our petition is probably being sent to GUZ and we are likely to be looking at another 4-6 months before the interview. Alas!

Your I-129(K-3) has been approved by the USCIS and they have now sent it to the NVC for a security name check and then they send it to Guangzhou.

Your I-130 (CR-1) has also been approved by the USCIS and sent on to the NVC for further processing, ie: I-864, DS-230...etc. and then it will be sent to Guangzhou.

Both petitions now have to go through the DOS checks and they will set up the interveiw date(Guangzhou) for there final approval and issue the visa at that point.

Two Completely Different Petitons and which ever one gets to Guangzhou and process through there first will be your Visa for her.

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

There is an update.

I managed to get an operator at NVC and our case was "reviewed on August 11" and sent "by DSL to GUZ" on August 18, 2005.

I assume that means we will hear from GUZ about their next step (could it be the most welcome "P-4"?) and some time frame for the interview.

Is that what happens next? Could there be a light at the end of this tunnel?

P.S. I feel dumb about this, but how do I post a photo in the discussion portion of the CFL? I need more than just "mouse".

There is an update.

I managed to get an operator at NVC and our case was "reviewed on August 11" and sent "by DSL to GUZ" on August 18, 2005.

149269[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Which Case? I-129 or I-130?