I received an approval form from the USCIS back on June 9. Now the application has been stuck at the NVC for almost 9 weeks without anything. I called them over a 100 times but never can get though. I also emailed them but the answer is just a form letter stating nothing. Can anyone tell what is going on? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Waldo:

Join the NVC hell club!

I have been held up for 5-1/2 months now. Originally, I was told that my K-1 application was selected for "secondary background check of the Beneficiary"(3/4/05). I was told "that my application had been sent to Washington to be handled by the Agency".

Last Friday I got through to NVC on the phone. The lady told me that this statement was incorrect. My application was "under administrative review". She did have a record of all interactions by me; including previous eMails and telephone conversations. She also related that I had been given a GUZ case number; which was a good thing. However, no timeframe was available.

She related that the best time to try and get through was Friday evenings. I too have been unable to reach NVC any other time. When I sent email requests per the recording, I received a canned response via eMail in about three work days.

My fiance and I are besides ourselves being arbitrarily kept apart. I watch the other's timelines pass by me knowing if this ever shakes loose we will still have about 9 months to work our way through the system.

By the way, when I suggested that my State Senator or Representative might want to help me; I was told"go ahead, we tell them the same thing that we told you"

Who will give me back the time?

Phil

Guest ShaQuaNew
I received an approval form from the USCIS back on June 9.  Now the application has been stuck at the NVC for almost 9 weeks without anything.  I called them over a 100 times but never can get though.  I also emailed them but the answer is just a form letter stating nothing.  Can anyone tell what is going on?  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

147313[/snapback]

What kind of approval? NOA1? NOA2?

I'm assuming that you sent a K1 application and received both notices of acceptance. If that is the case, it sounds like your right on target with the rest of us in the waiting game....

Welcome....

Welcome to CFL. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the NVC portion of the process. Some slide through in 30 days; for others it takes months.

As far as getting through to DOS (Department of State), I never had any real problems getting through, although sometimes the waits were long, and a few times, I got disconnected with a statement to call back later. Are you sure you're calling the right number? - 202.663.1225.

If not give it a try. Press 1 then press 0 to be connected to an operator. You will need at least your SO's name and date of birth when you finally talk to a live person.

Good luck.

Frank:

Wow - I've been calling 603-334-0700. I give my WAC # and my GUZ #; then confirm with Beneficiary's name and birthday and get the response of "nothing changed", "just wait".

Should I be calling this other number? Will it help unblock the jam that I have found myself in?

Thanks,

Phil

Frank:

Wow - I've been calling 603-334-0700.  I give my WAC # and my GUZ #; then confirm with Beneficiary's name and birthday and get the response of "nothing changed", "just wait".

Should I be calling this other number?  Will it help unblock the jam that I have found myself in?

Thanks,

Phil

147509[/snapback]

Your timeline shows you waiting for NOA2? Either you need to update it or how in the hell did you get a GUZ# before NOA2 and your file being sent to NVC :angel:

National Visa Center(NVC) 1-603-334-0700 Call after NOA2 they will give you the GUZ# and do the Security Check.

Department of State (DOS) 1-202-663-1225 Call after NVC completes Security check and sends to Gunagzhou.

call the National Visa Center(NVC) 1-603-334-0700 at 7:30 in morning, you can talk to a human..... and good luck