HELP! Questions I didn't see in FAQ

Konnichi wa. Watakshi no oname wa Sutebe san. Hajimemashite! :blink:

147283[/snapback]

konnichi wa, hajimemashite, candle for love no mina-san no okage de boku no fuan ga kekkou naku narimashita.

p.s. for future reference, never refer to yourself as "sutebe-san". You are basically saying "I am the honorable Steve". Same with "oname", which is only used to question others. I'm not native Japanese so I don't care much, but you might ruffle some feathers (or make them burst out laughing) if you actually used that in conversation.

Edited by wu_aphex (see edit history)
Ok I checked the completed example form of I-130 (http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-130.pdf)

and that answered some of my questions,  but not all of them.

For example, obviously they want your current address  (in my case, the apartment in Shanghai) on the first page.  Then they say "where you intend to live in America", ok, my house in the States.  But then they say "your relative's address abroad"

I suppose this means not her current address (which is the same Shanghai apartment and technically abroad), but her default address when she leaves China (her parents house, which is also the address listed on her ID card).

Am I correct?  I don't want to be accused of fraud because I put the wrong address in one of these fields.

147258[/snapback]

I think you have the correct impression concerning the addresses.

In China each person has their registered(legal) address that is associated with their ID card. Which is can be so different from how addresses are handled in the US.

This address can be important with the name check as it can help to further identify your SO, it would be really wonderful if they had a method to include their PRC ID number earlier in the process. But who knows if they acutally use it for that purpose, remember you're now dealing with the US Government. :blink: :blink: